• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What scan tool would you recommend?

Has anyone tried a laptop connection and software like this? It seems like it does a lot more cool stuff than just the cheap OBDII reader. Looks like it's $120. http://www.obd-2.com/

It would be pretty good for a diy type... but, it only covers one OBDII protocall at the $120 listed price. If you wanted to work on more than one vehicle (like the original poster) it would involve more expense to purchase the "multi-network" version. (GM and Chrysler run different protocalls)

But why would you buy a normal scan tool instead of one that can mount in the vehicle and give you useful information (like mpg, coolant temperatures) constantly?

There are those that dont feel it necessary to monitor all those parameters on a constant basis. Personally I'm with you, I like knowing whats going on. kinda wish mine had a computer(86 w/2.8L) lol.

Back