• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What mini-van for me?

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
I need a DD, one that I can fit in without having to crawl in/out and has head room. Also I carry a lot of shit... And they get decent mileage. so mini-van it is....

I've found a few 90's windstars, voyagers, and astro's. Any reconmendations for those who have owned them.

Yes, it may go pink, and yes this is not a drill.

Zac

astro or voyager would be my choice. windstars are pieces of crap. as long as they are taken care of well they will last a long time. a friends mom has a 89 voyager with 433,000 miles on it, original engine and trans. the 4.3Ls in the chevy astros are good motors too, and last a long time if taken care of.

Ive seen quite a few winstars with under 150k for under a grand... granted kids may have trashed the interior, but what else would I do worse, lol. I like the looks of the voyager better...

I'm thinkin a set of 16s.. blingin, lol. naw...

don't lie zac, all your going to be carrying around is a mattress and cabinets to carry all your condoms so you can bed your little girls.......

If anything you should look into the 80ish dodge caravan theres a dodge caravan that use to be turbocharged or some shit like that is super fast stock and can be made even faster with some mods.

Speed and mods are not the key here... pure money saver, not money dumper... Jeep takes that hat.

haha i could see you rollin around in a 72 chevy van all pimped up with a bed, couch, and disco ball in there :D

Shoulda seen the looks I got when our company van had a matress leftover from movin my sister into her dorm...

GrimmJeeper said:
a friends mom has a 89 voyager with 433,000 miles on it, original engine and trans. the 4.3Ls in the chevy astros are good motors too, and last a long time if taken care of.
Pretty good seeing as how the the chrysler van line-up wasn't known for their tranny's back then. Rock solid engines...but crappy trans.

Know a couple people with Astro's with the 4.3's that haven't had any real big problems aside from normal issues that can come up on any vehicle (sensors and all that fun stuff).

Windstars are just plan fugly....and not to mention, a Ford.

But seriously....a mommy van dude????

UNCC_99XJ said:
But seriously....a mommy van dude????

No.... a Man Van

Iv'e got an 82 VW Vanagon i'll give you! When it ran it got over 25 mpg, motor went supernova on the way down to spring break. Just needs a little lovin!

I had a 95 Safari for a while. Well, it was actually my grandpa's, we drove it for about 6 months to ferry him around since he had just wrecked his car...Then he moved to NY and took it with him. It was bought in 98ish and after he passed on, it was passed onto my aunt who still drives it today. Great van, good power, lots of room, took out a deer with only minor damage :D, very reliable.

Shorty said:
early 90's Astro or the GMC version was optioned with AWD-- not the best mileage, but better than a lifted Jeep.

my mom's astro is an 01 with AWD. it gets around 18 mpg average. she has had 2 of them and loves them, if you need a van. she had a 1st gen one i think a 94 it was AWD too and then this 2nd gen she has now.

Naw, here's your van:

fcv.jpg

GrimmJeeper said:
haha i could see you rollin around in a 72 chevy van all pimped up with a bed, couch, and disco ball in there :D

Hey, worked for me in the 70's, Dodge though, maxi van with a 440 and B&M loadflight trans, locked rear. It was a rocket till the interior went in but that 69"x69" 8" thick bed in the back got almost as much use as the front seats :D :D :D it also got 26mpg on the hiway, would idle all day at 1500rpm/60mph... but you could watch the gas gauge go down when the secondaries on that 850 opened.

Back