• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I learned at WinterFest

(Friday night i purposed to my girlfriend)

i learned that if you ask your girl to marry you on Friday then taking her on a wheeling/camping trip when its freezing rain AND ask her to get out of the jeep climb up that hill and take pictures of you and she does all this and still wants to be your wife....well lets just say i think shes good.

Yeah, pulled out about 5:45?

Nice to meet you too.

Well done...I'm always surprised how many people bail so early. I like to do my share of BS'ing and partying, but I have to max my trail time (especially when I only have 1 day).

Things I learned:

1. I should have added center limit straps a couple years ago...Jeep climbed noticeably better.
2. I am still not an IROK fan.
3. TNT likes the throttle.
4. The party bus is a hit...man that was fun!
5. Have plenty of trash cans/bags on the party bus. Never know when a cooler of jello shots will appear.
6. Put some thought into where the entrance to the party bus is facing (not a construction site).
7. One day of wheeling is all it took to get me pumped to get back into a regular wheeling schedule.
8. I had a great time...thanks all.

Troy sold the Badlands 2 years ago to that fellow who used to own Paragon.

Troy still owns Mission Impossible and the house we drove past on the trail was Troy's house.

Yes Kyle owns the Badlands.

(Friday night i purposed to my girlfriend)

i learned that if you ask your girl to marry you on Friday then taking her on a wheeling/camping trip when its freezing rain AND ask her to get out of the jeep climb up that hill and take pictures of you and she does all this and still wants to be your wife....well lets just say i think shes good.

Congrats!

mac 'party bus rulz' gyvr

I learned:
1) A futon is waaay more comfy than a cot
2) No matter how much it rains the bus stays warm dry and cozy
3) you can break a dana 300 on a simple no traction muddy hill climb
4) I can walk on fire
5) Absynth is just plain gross

I learned:

I can actually wheel 2 days without breaking anything major.
I want to bump up to 35's or 36's and want stronger axles
After flogging on a rig for 2 days it can still make a 3 hour drive towing a trailer
I am too old to stay up for the bon fire party

1a. Driving while talking on the cell phone is not a good idea on Orange trail.

1b. My wife calls me at the worst possible times.

1c. My wife notices body damage on her jeep quicker than expected.

2. Jeepers don't mind getting lost, as long as it's off road.

3. Using the rain Friday as an excuse to crash early allows me to be the last man standing Saturday. (One of the last two, anyway, and I didn't want to stay out there and talk to myself)

4. Rev is not as dumb as he looks :D

5. Re-learned, the MWC is a great group!

I have learned:
1. Bloose will always ask to borrow something.
2. A broken winch cable will fly threw the air...
3. Bloose is one nut short... at least his motor mount.
4. JJ can get drunk in less than an hour.
5. 40' toyhauler is warm and dry at winterfest.
6. Alloy shafts are breakable.
7. A wedding in a quarry is really cool.
8. MWC can really put on a great event.

You can eat too much bacon...

Thanks Tyler for the explosion! It was really good...

mac 'still has leftovers...' gyvr

things people called me at winterfest....

discosteve
leisure suit steve
scuba steve
steve
jackass
asshole
"that drunk guy"

discosteve
leisure suit steve
scuba steve
steve
jackass
asshole
"that drunk guy"

*that guy that made me uncomfortable
*Submarine Captain
I amended your list.

Things I learned this year.

You can show up with a half finished Jeep on the trailer and still manage to go wheeling and have a good time.
The Napa in Attica is awesome, and the ladies were entertained by my amusing story of crashing the MJ into my wifes car.
Wheeling without shocks brings the suck.
Bighorns /= Swampers
Wide tires aren't all that bad.
Kyle is a good guy.
The campfire is ridiculous, but I just can't hang with the cool kids.
3 days of camping/wrenching in the cold and wet will make you very sick the following week.

Last edited:

discosteve
leisure suit steve
scuba steve
steve
jackass
asshole
"that drunk guy"

I thought your name was jeff :dunno:

What I learned...where to start....

that after stressing and worrying about the planning and logistics..it was a waste of stress because it all came together w/ the help of a great staff and volunteers.

bacon explosions still run out early even when I made 4 times as many this year

20+ pounds of pulled pork goes fast

Grace must really love mac, b/c God knows she did not marry him for his money or his looks :D (congrats you two!)

Dan and I can have a morning conversation every morning in the same place at the same time...in the shitter.

JJ....well, he is still JJ and that is why we love him.

If someone honks their horn at 1:00 AM, I get texts asking if we can have a lynching.

People can put their differences aside long enough to enjoy WF. :thumbup: (thanks fellas)

If I was stuck in the camper w/o Camille, Josh would have left me stuck in there.

Karma is real, and it is good. (thanks Brendan)

Hale, you can gun for me anytime.

Rabbit Hat....always a pleasure bro.

Sean and Lar....you are the shiz...and I mean that in the good way.

When you threaten 150 people with the wrath of 3 angry women...they damn sure have clean shoes.

And last but ceartainly not least...I am damn proud to be the President of the greatest chapter in NAXJA. Thank you all for making this event a success and next year when I am officially done w/ my presidential duties, I will be more relaxed and ready to rock all over again!

:cheers:

Cheese "you are all like family" Man

What I learned...where to start....

that after stressing and worrying about the planning and logistics..it was a waste of stress because it all came together w/ the help of a great staff and volunteers.

bacon explosions still run out early even when I made 4 times as many this year

20+ pounds of pulled pork goes fast

Grace must really love mac, b/c God knows she did not marry him for his money or his looks :D (congrats you two!)

Dan and I can have a morning conversation every morning in the same place at the same time...in the shitter.

JJ....well, he is still JJ and that is why we love him.

If someone honks their horn at 1:00 AM, I get texts asking if we can have a lynching.

People can put their differences aside long enough to enjoy WF. :thumbup: (thanks fellas)

If I was stuck in the camper w/o Camille, Josh would have left me stuck in there.

Karma is real, and it is good. (thanks Brendan)

Hale, you can gun for me anytime.

Rabbit Hat....always a pleasure bro.

Sean and Lar....you are the shiz...and I mean that in the good way.

When you threaten 150 people with the wrath of 3 angry women...they damn sure have clean shoes.

And last but ceartainly not least...I am damn proud to be the President of the greatest chapter in NAXJA. Thank you all for making this event a success and next year when I am officially done w/ my presidential duties, I will be more relaxed and ready to rock all over again!

:cheers:

Cheese "you are all like family" Man

This was the best WF of the 3 I have been to. Now that i'm way more comfortable with my rig and was confident in the abilities of me and the jeep, I got to run some harder stuff and apparently I did good cuz she made it home with the camper in tow.

Tyler, you did a great Job during the last 2 WF's bro! :cheers: The staff and volunteers really came together for a hell of an event. The weather was terrible but we stuck it out. I also got to make amends with someone who I have gotten into it with on the board a few times(you know who you are). Its great to see our buddies in their Non-XJ rigs get welcomed with open arms. The food was good, the wheeling was fun and the company was fantastic! See ya on the trails guys! :D

Oh, one more thing: There was one guy who didn't have clean shoes on. I don't know how he snuck past security! :D

Back