• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Hydro assist
e85bd8366517a0709c0a99c05f5cc65c.jpg

SEXY!!!! :D

I cannot wait to get hydro assist on mine! That and 100 other things!

Kit? Or did you piece it together?

Red neck ram kit. 4 bolt small piston yj box and 1-1/2 ram. Works awesome. Fast enough to drift corners and correct like stock.

Nice, good to hear! That's what I've been looking at too....

Stock pump?

Cooler?

Nice, good to hear! That's what I've been looking at too....

Stock pump?

Cooler?

Modified stock pump and yes a cooler. It was in line from before I went hydro assist I have been battling heat issues and box failers for a while. I was told I don't need the cooler but I left it. The system has a lot more fluid now and the ram is down in the wind and will also be in the snow.

Last edited:
Gotcha.... I don't have any issues (besides being a bitch to steer in 4wd) and was thinking of a durango box and wj pump, however if I'm gonna do that much work (and plan on hydro assist anyway) why not just spend a little more and do it the right way, once!

Gotcha.... I don't have any issues (besides being a bitch to steer in 4wd) and was thinking of a durango box and wj pump, however if I'm gonna do that much work (and plan on hydro assist anyway) why not just spend a little more and do it the right way, once!

Well mine in 4wd at 1 psi my tires are 18" wide that and the locker in the front made it heat up fast

Finally got my brothers rig done. Bumper, winch, wiring, lights, currie antirock, trackbar joint, and a 'bolt check'

Now I gotta tear mine down and get it done. Gonna be working till the last second it looks like.....

I wired relays in the high/low headlight circuit on my '89. Huge difference in brightness

Back