• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Bought Crazymoose's old winch...... Now I need to figure out how I'm going to get it on the front!!!!

most people use bolts. :repair:
GENIUS!!!!
I was in mid tug with my 43rd zip tie, and had already gone thru three packs of bubble-yum getting this thing put on my stock front bumper.....
My first tube of JB Weld only went so far, so I had to get creative....
Its a good thing you posted this up, I'm second guessing my mounting attempts now.....:rolleyes:

GENIUS!!!!
I was in mid tug with my 43rd zip tie, and had already gone thru three packs of bubble-yum getting this thing put on my stock front bumper.....
My first tube of JB Weld only went so far, so I had to get creative....
Its a good thing you posted this up, I'm second guessing my mounting attempts now.....:rolleyes:

Uh.... if you can't duct tape it... screw it!!!!:D

Finally replaced the lift gate supports on my 98, wiring in a new led under hood work light :D and pondering putting lift gate supports under the hood.... Anyone done this or seen it done?

Yes. I have a pneumatic hood support. One of my favorite mods.

2012-06-30131518.jpg

I finally built my drop bracket braces,I also made lower control arm skids,reinforced the passenger side upper control arm mount,and built half of my front truss.

i started install on the BDS 4-link LA kit. got the hard lines on the driver side frame rail re-located. gonna start the belly pan install later this week....no pics yet but will have some soon.

i started install on the BDS 4-link LA kit. got the hard lines on the driver side frame rail re-located. gonna start the belly pan install later this week....no pics yet but will have some soon.

As jealous as i am, I'm stoked to see you put it to use so quick!

Got my "new to me from NW99XJ" driveshaft sanded primed painted and installed. Went from 1/16" splines visible to 1 1/16" splines showing and now more bottoming out on the TC.
Thanks again Josh for all your help hammering, pulling, pressing, torching and eventually grinding the old Ujoints out lol,
and also for pressing the new ones in!:yelclap:

Turns out I DID get the zerks reversed but I ground down the end of the grease gun and it fits nice n snug now with the shaft pulled. Stoked!

Still gotta bring ya that brew!

So glad that damn clunk is gone now!

Back