• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Cleaned its room

6b3fff5f-bbe8-c438.jpg

Thought about pulling the hubs apart and checking the gear lube in both axles, since I was treating it like a U-boat last weekend. Yeah well maybe I will get to it tomorrow.

Nah... Riding in the backseat with no front seat is actually pretty fun. LOTS of leg room

backseatlegroom.jpg

Haha looks just like mine. Nice pic!

So today i bled my power steering and it is a lot better. However it does make a whining sound. I dont think the fluid is low.

I also but some green crap in my tire to see if it fixes the leak

Slowly getting it ready for summer!

Cleaned its room

6b3fff5f-bbe8-c438.jpg

WHOLY SH_T!!!! That looks a TON better (and bigger for that matter) from when I saw it last!!! _good job Ben! (how long did that take by the way? - lol)

WHOLY SH_T!!!! That looks a TON better (and bigger for that matter) from when I saw it last!!! _good job Ben! (how long did that take by the way? - lol)

+1

Cleaned upthe hitch tonight. It had developed a good amount of surface rust when I lived in Chicago - they use too much dang salt on the roads there!

2012-05-04_18-10-38_820.jpg

2012-05-04_18-42-53_69.jpg

2012-05-04_18-21-41_225.jpg

2012-05-04_18-39-17_303.jpg

And there you have it. Ready for their glorious union!

2012-05-04_18-50-11_429.jpg

What's the advantage of the U-bolt eliminator on a sprung over rig? I was thinking of doing it also but decided to go old school for now and just use U-bolts.

And I like the choice of tires! Tires are coming up soon on my list. On one hand I want Iroks on the other hand I want something that will last longer then a year.

Dave

What's the advantage of the U-bolt eliminator on a sprung over rig? I was thinking of doing it also but decided to go old school for now and just use U-bolts.

And I like the choice of tires! Tires are coming up soon on my list. On one hand I want Iroks on the other hand I want something that will last longer then a year.

Dave

peice of mind. plus i had the metal to do it. i dident have to wait, its all flush under there now, and its all grade 8.

Back