• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Nope. Got rid of the useless QuickLok in my front in favor of an Eaton E-Locker. Next is the decision to weld or add clutch discs to the 8.8.... For now I am back to capable enough for my needs.

you could get one of those lockrites that fits in a limited slip carrier.

you could get one of those lockrites that fits in a limited slip carrier.
The QuickLok was Genuine Gears' version of the LockRite... I've heard a lot of good stuff about LockRite but I'm not venturing back down the lunchbox road. :wave:

The QuickLok was Genuine Gears' version of the LockRite... I've heard a lot of good stuff about LockRite but I'm not venturing back down the lunchbox road. :wave:

I think I will end up with some selectables at some point as well, my aussies keep on ticking though so I'll keep those for the time being.

rolled it... :cry:

20f4uvo.jpg

Pulled off the rear sway bar and trimmed the rear fenders.

I was going to put on the set of Rustys quick discos that I have for the front but for some reason they didn't really make sense to me.... I know that's probably stupid. But as I was looking at how they should go on, when they're installed do you just pull the pin and they move outta the way or is there more to it??

Nevermind, I looked at it some more and I get it on the discos.....I think.

So, you have the disconnects, and then you move the whole sway bar up out of the way?? So do you keep it tight all the time where those brackets are that keep the bar from rotating, or do you keep those loose and then just pull the pins and swing it up??

Totally gutted it
Wirewheel'd out all rust, sprayed rust remover, primed, painted all the floor area
Removed old bumper and hitch
Trimmed rear quarters(not folded yet)
Repainted sub box

Since this is far from the first time I assume everything is okay with you and your rig?

:patriot:

Transmission is empty, and rallying around on the rev limiter in 3rd gear high range to get back to camp probably wasnt good for it...

Sure didnt sound good at least... :rof:

I'm fine though :thumbup:

Transmission is empty, and rallying around on the rev limiter in 3rd gear high range to get back to camp probably wasnt good for it...

Sure didnt sound good at least... :rof:

I'm fine though :thumbup:

:skull1: As long as the brains of the operation is intact. :)

Been busy ordering parts. My uni-body strengtheners came today from Ruffstuff, I Ordered my Riddler diff covers for the front and rear from Northridge4x4, I am still trying to order sliders and a bumper from JCR but he hasn't got a message back to me on here yet, no problem though I should just give him a call. My Nitro 4.88 gears are sitting on the living room floor and the ARB's are in the shop. All this crud has to be done before the end of July for an Evans Creek trip.
Time for an XJ work party! :party:

Still waiting on parts, big thanks to UPS for losing them in transit. Had to cancel my week-long road trip that I should've left for today. Oh well! Maybe I'll head for Christmas Valley next weekend.

nothin special just install 19# mustang injectors. Made quite a difference. I was pleasantly surprised

Got back from vacation yesterday so I was ready to get back at it today. Did my brake lines and 96 booster rod. Haven't tested the brake lights yet but it worked with an multi-meter. Bleeding tomorrow then good to go I hope :D

I got my AGR power steering box and pump installed, bled and they are running great. tomorrow... RE 5.5" front coils, RE SF2 control arms hockey pucks and currie currentlync steering, new pass hubbearing and u-joint also. in process of updating lift and many other parts

- Changed the oil.
- Bleed the cooling system again, and installed a new bottle cap.
- Tossed in a bottle of Water Wetter.
- Installed new LCA Bushings. Not too impressed with RE's bushing quality.
- Tightened/Greased Superflex Joints on UCA's, LCA's, and track bar. Seems like the joints are still new, but then I remembered I have 25K on them.
- Installed new OBA switch, and made a new bracket for it. I went with a toggle this time, so hopefully it stands up to the elements a little better.
- Installed new CB antenna spring. This spring rate seems to be about perfect, so no more antenna slamming on the hood an roof.

Nice little wrench fest today.

Got it back from the Trans shop. No rebuild (yay) Only part needing repair was a small bushing. $20 part, $396 labor. Awesome.
Also spent all day tracking down a single nut to re-attach the sway bar discos. But its back fully running again.

Back