• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I replaced all my tie rods and ends... there's nothing left for me to change on my front end and its still wobbly! back to the drawing board....

well I'm hoping that something as easy as a re balance fixes it but the wobble is pretty bad at about 40. the frustrating thing is that my last 5 days off Ive had Ive worked on the front end trying to fix it. did adj lower control arms, all new axle and wheel bearings, track bar, all tie rods and tie rod ends and a beefy stabilizer. don't know what else it could be. if its my tire balance Ill be happy and mad at the same time since for some reason it slipped my mind to do that first lol. but at least I have a lot of new front end parts.

well I'm hoping that something as easy as a re balance fixes it but the wobble is pretty bad at about 40. the frustrating thing is that my last 5 days off Ive had Ive worked on the front end trying to fix it. did adj lower control arms, all new axle and wheel bearings, track bar, all tie rods and tie rod ends and a beefy stabilizer. don't know what else it could be. if its my tire balance Ill be happy and mad at the same time since for some reason it slipped my mind to do that first lol. but at least I have a lot of new front end parts.
Have you pulled the front driveshaft.. Could be a bad Cardon joint:wave:

I`ve been there before, Took the driveline loose from the D30 ,wired it to the lower control arm and drove it .The Cardon joint was stuck at a slight angle .The center ball needed greese..
Yeah. If there is a problem with the front driveline it can cause a nasty wobble. the driveshaft has to spin in perfect balance just like a tire. :sunshine:

so should I take the drive line out and drive it to see if it shakes still?
Yes or at least take it loose from the front diff and dont loose the caps and needle bearings and use a bunge cord or wire to hold it toward the control arm while you take it for a drive to see.

Walked outside last night, looked at the Jeep, Trailer, and truck that should have been going to NWFest... then walked over to the Jeep and kicked it... just because. :banghead:

2 NWFests in a row that I have to work through. 3rd time's a charm! (Hopefully)

Well i preped my jeep for rhino lining it. i should be putting it in tomorrow but today i only got the back completly done and tomorrow i plan on taking out the carpet in the front,sand a little bit then rhino line the whole thing. should be sweet.....
well here's some pix.....

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Then i sanded it all down......
GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

then a primered some spots down and started on the front........

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

then i put my first coat down...

GetAttachment.aspx

Second......

GetAttachment.aspx

And then today i'm putting all the seats and stuff back in..... i think it turned out pretty good

Had 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority's mounted, installed my CB radio, adjusted the Hella 500's, and just got back from some night wheelin to break in the new tires. Suprising amount of tread for an All-Terrain, I'm wicked impressed.

Back