• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Put the creepy clown mask over my passenger headrest and freaked out some teenagers on the way home.

ANDROIDS LOVE XJ'S

Put on my rear receiver, and now have rear recovery points. Turned out to be a much longer process than I had planned on as whichever monkey installed the gas skid must have dipped the entire bolt in lock tight because all 6 bolts were bright blue along their entire length. Would have been real nice to have air tools last night.

Also put on a new bumper and new set of tow hooks.

I have been working on a couple projects lately. A few weeks ago I had a little help from 88manche, and crazymoose1990. rebuilding my carb. Since then Dragthatsht has been helping me rejet and tune it in. I think we just got it. We have chased down vacuum leaks and a few other things to have my old beater running pretty good now. I have 1 more vac leak to chase down hopefully this weekend I will have time. Hell Dragthatsht even fixed my dash lights.. :twak:

I have also been giving a try at building a new winch bumper. I have a little grinding left to do but it is mounted and ugly.. I love it. I will try to get pics up but I am working again and don't get home till dark. Because of Dragthatsht I might have to work all weekend too :nono: So it may be a few on the pics.

Last edited:
I have been working on a couple projects lately. A few weeks ago I had a little help from 88manche, and crazymoose1990. rebuilding my carb. Since then Dragthatsht has been helping me rejet and tune it in. I think we just got it. We have chased down vacuum leaks and a few other things to have my old beater running pretty good now. I have 1 more vac leak to chase down hopefully this weekend I will have time. Hell Dragthatsht even fixed my dash lights.. :twak:

I have also been giving a try at building a new winch bumper. I have a little grinding left to do but it is mounted and ugly.. I love it. I will try to get pics up but I am working again and don't get home till dark. Because of Dragthatsht I might have to work all weekend too :nono: So it may be a few on the pics.

Wow you must live in a popular part of town or something. I ask for help and never get any. lol. Except Rod once. Thanks rod. :cheers: Spikes Mr popular. :worship:

got me a bottle of gas for my welder. cost a small fortune.
imag0076x.jpg

and a new hat.
imag0077p.jpg

Ben, Everytime you post pictures of your garage.. I feel 100% better about mine..

just sayin..

lol. long story short i kinda aquired the garage after my cuson moved out after he got it from grampa when he died. i been spending the last week re aranging and cleaning so i can get my jeep in there to put the stiffners and lift on. its 100 % better then it was

4 engines, 3 transmissions, dishwasher later, i can see the floor. man some of the crazy things i have found lol

just sayin....

Well heres my ugly bumper. I haven't used an arc welder in over 10 years, then forgot the rule about what rod to use so I might be grinding and rewelding soon :flamemad:

68095_10150329067230533_876320532_16179084_3270979_n.jpg

Yes I messed up my approach angle. But really how often have I made it out? lol I am hoping to break the curse and make more runs

154373_10150329067735533_876320532_16179092_8295651_n.jpg

I pulled off the rolling fairlead to slap a coat of paint on it. I think I took the pics far enough away so you cant see the ugly welds too good..

Lol that thing is ugly.. Perfect for me. :spin1:

looks almost like a foot ball player. or that kid in highschool with full headgear braces. what happen to hiding the winch in front of the rad and behind the grill?

I am waiting till I get my hobart to do that. In the mean time playing around with different designs and working on getting my welding back up to par. I cut the cage out of the green xj so I figured I would use it to make things with and practice. If my plan works I wont waste money on steel for something that looks gay and doesn't hold up.

Got my MJ smogged, registered, plates on, new tires on, bent drag link to clear sway bar links, mounted lights up front, fixed tail light, mounted heavy duty track bar mount, two trips to the wrecking yard for bolts and wires and three to the local auto parts. oh and a janky do it your self alignment. might be time for a beer :cheers:

Went up rimrock and got a christmas tree. Got to play in about 2 feet of powder! It was a blast. Also gave the Jeep her first 2 dents. lol One slight crease in the drivers door (hardly noticeable) and in the back bumper (stock bumper still so no worries) Melissa hasnt noticed the dent in the door yet so shhh. DONT TELL HER! :gee:

I might post up a couple pics later after I relax a little.

Back