• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Picked up these 4 new flex joints from Summit Machine with 3/4 balls to replace the remaining 4 9//16 thru bolt Johnny joints on the rear . These do not offer the 65 degrees of misalignment capability that my lower ballistics do , so I'm going to run a summit joint one end and ballistic on the other for about 95° degrees of misalignment . I found with about 60° the jamb nuts worked loose on my Johnny joints after a few runs if twisting up the suspension a lot even after being torqued with an 8ft section of conduit as a cheater bar .
20190426_205255.jpg

20190426_205243.jpg

20190426_211045.jpg 20190426_211026.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got my winch set up!

3e427ec3-9b55-4052-91f1-4879575ccdb0-original.jpg

Yo Mike, where'd you get that front license plate mount? I need to do something for mine but not sure. I assume it flips down?

I bought those used off the book of faces. The seller called them "light mounts." They clamp onto the bar, and yes, they are just loose enough to rotate. I added a piece of flat stock to keep my license plate from folding like a taco.

I bought those used off the book of faces. The seller called them "light mounts." They clamp onto the bar, and yes, they are just loose enough to rotate. I added a piece of flat stock to keep my license plate from folding like a taco.

Thank you! :read::)

Stupid Rock Auto special unit bearings only lasted 30k miles on my truck. Guess now I’ll see how long Moog ones last. At least they have a 3yr warranty through Autozone.

I ordered some brake hoses for the 14 bolt from Rock Auto. $4 bucks each on close out? Sure! Yeah one was dated from 1997, the other 1987. Should've just spent the extra $2 on newish one's haha.

I ordered some brake hoses for the 14 bolt from Rock Auto. $4 bucks each on close out? Sure! Yeah one was dated from 1997, the other 1987. Should've just spent the extra $2 on newish one's haha.

Sometimes it’s worth spending a few extra bucks. I would do Ford unit bearings but they’re $450 a pop, that’s a bit hard to swallow. I figured the Moog’s were $80 each more than the Duralast and have an extra year of warranty, so should be a better bet.

Made some progress this week. Still trying to keep the hatch intact for now. Gotta get the rear shocks mounted up now. Finally found someone who could chase the two LH tube inserts for the front links so I need to get the axle back under there and get the bump stops figured out.

46868001595_3496338dee_c.jpg

:yelclap:

Bought a few items for the steering derale dual pass fluid cooler and an anti splash valve . I may buy one of the new style reservoirs I have the old one with return on the middle of the side and pump feed on the very bottom of the resevoir it may be easier to get my pump return line higher with that ... without cutting a hole in my hood... I'm going to mount this right where the air box was since this puts the resevoir infront of my pump and should still send fluid to the pump when the nose is pointed straight up vs behind it ...lol...where it would mount so easy , but starve the pump when leaned back .

Probably going to hold off on painting until fall ... I'm growing more anxious to put it to work ...lol...I remember buying this in 2010 figuring it was on a d60/14 and 38s and was good to go turn key ...lol... now nothing of the original owners build remains but the 60/14 , hood lovers , and a couple stickers .

Cut a small circular hole in Z Hood to accommodate the steering reservoir where it should work well being placed high enough to put the resevoir a bit higher than the pump inlet and the resevoir placed far enough infront of the pump to to work well climbing steep obstacles. I am confused with this psc pump as far as the mounting bolts as it only appears to have two mounting bolts b.s the factory 3 and the pump has a part tap for left upper but it only goes about 1/4 inch into the pump body, so either thru forgot to machine out the 3rd mounting hole or psc doesn't feel 3 bolts are needed ? ... I installed it as it was ...lol... so it better be good enough .

Back