• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well shoot, guess who's back

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
Worked out a deal for another XJ last night, ugh and here I thought I'd learned.

Picking up an 87 Pioneer. Nothing fancy at all but the price is definitely right. Simple enough plan for it; 4.5" Long arms, HP D30, 8.8 Rear, and some 35's. Basically building my last XJ all over again.

:anon: My name is Dutch and I'm addicted to XJ's.

You still doing gears? Someone was looking to get some done.

Where are you located these days?

You still doing gears? Someone was looking to get some done.

Where are you located these days?

I can still do gears, although I'm a bit less inclined to go out my way to do so. Basically, bring me the parts and stripped down axles or don't bother me.

You idiot.

I KNOW!!! :confused1 :banghead: :banghead:

I can still do gears, although I'm a bit less inclined to go out my way to do so. Basically, bring me the parts and stripped down axles or don't bother me.

I KNOW!!! :confused1 :banghead: :banghead:

Was me looking for recomendations for an installer for...custom...geat set up , As I am not needing work now but will in the not too far off future .By custon I do not mean a gear swap such as lower gears but rather an installer to do a Jantz Jana 76 install ...this is sonething I want to do most likely fall 2017 after the wheeling season and I upgrade under the hood thus the desire for a bigger ring and pinion in my hp60 .

Hmm, sounds interesting. I could probably sort that out, but I've never done it before. I hadn't even heard of it until you posted it. Seems cool, but I would be concerned about relying on proprietary bearings and adapters.

Last edited:
:laugh:....... welcome back

Hmm, sounds interesting. I could probably sort that out, but I've never done it before. I hadn't even heard of it until you posted it. Seems cool, but I would be concerned about relying on proprietary bearings and adapters.

From what I read tge Jantz stuff is top notch. Hantz states it is pretty straight forward install , but not the best install for a first time installer , but as you know there are many folks who do this work who make 1st time installers look like a pro .

Worked out a deal for another XJ last night, ugh and here I thought I'd learned.

Picking up an 87 Pioneer. Nothing fancy at all but the price is definitely right. Simple enough plan for it; 4.5" Long arms, HP D30, 8.8 Rear, and some 35's. Basically building my last XJ all over again.

:anon: My name is Dutch and I'm addicted to XJ's.
Awwwww geez! Next you'll tell me you took french lessons for working on that RENIX heep!

Archie-Bunker.jpg

Welcome home! :NAXJA::cheers::NAXJA:

Last edited:
Oui, je parle français. pourquoi, ne pas vous?

No pictures right now. We can't get it out of his back yard until I get some axles under it. It's in full on hover mode right now. Like I said, the price was right.

I keep meaning to hit you up every time I ride through the Springs. It'll happen, one day it'll happen.

I don't know who Aaron is, I'm getting the jeep from my buddy Steve who is getting out of XJ's in favor of a sweet Early Bronco he is paying not nearly enough money for.

Back