• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Winch Review

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
WARN 37441 XD9000i 9500-lb Multi-Mount Winch for 2" receiver.

Looking at getting, 2" receivers in both my front & rear bumpers when I get them ordered. (Have to get the XJ first, tho!).

Any experience with this Warn Multi-mount?
I really like the idea of leaving it home when fishing or grocery getting and having it available for either end of the Cherokee if/when the time comes.

I'm looking for reviews, not on the multi-mount application but on the winch itself. I know Warn has a good rep but there are so many models out there. I can get a mount after-market and just bolt up the winch of my choice but this is a pretty sweet setup.

Oh.. and can the wire rope be replaced with synthetic on any winch? Don't know why not but ya never know what I might not know.
Preferred diameter? Brand? Lot of weight difference, how about capability?

Thanks.

I have that winch, I bought from a local wheeler not working for $50. I took it apart and made the repairs for basically nothing and Ive been using it for 3 reliable years.

I have never recovered myself but I have recovered many Toyotas and a couple of Wranglers. I even used it to help straighten my buddies rolled XJ's exocage.

P1020307.jpg

Aaaah.. American Ingenity!

Gotta love it.

I have that winch on my WJ which I swap to the XJ back and forth on the Warn multi mount. It's a great winch, no separate solenoid to worry about, and has reliable, fast line speed. I also put a synthetic line on it and it's all goodness. If you think you'll put it on the rear receiver, check out the prices on 2 guage all-copper cables and connector. You'll be over another $100 for the longer electric lines.

Found an XR12000 new in box for $600 shipped. More power than I need and I know it's "entry level" but expect I probably won't use it a whole lot.
Just have to buy the multi-mount cradle and wiring.

..or an XD9000i used for $600 but they guy hasn't called back.

Hmmm..

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I like the Warn winches. I have owned the original MileMarker E8000 (It was actually a HF winch with a longer warranty). The HF verson, a XRC-8, and a Warn 8000.

My assessment:
The MM and HF winches worked, but were slow, but functional.
The XRC-8 was a pile of poop and would not free spool.
The Warn 8000 just worked, and worked well. With easy free spool and fast recovery. I just replaced the solenoids this year. Rebuild of box was $70 with shipping.

Personally, I like 5/16" line. I have not spent for synthetic, but I hear it's the cat's ass. My next winch for my LJ was a Warn 8000 I bought on sale. Again, works well.

Back