• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VisionX Rocklight install help

Oil Town XJ

NAXJA Forum User
How are you guys mounting your rocklights? I've seen a few people just screw them in with the 2 screws that are provided with each light, but I'm worried it wouldn't last long mounted like that.

Can you bypass the visionx led controller? I would rather just have a on off switch, I don't care if I lose the strobe feature

Best advice I can give is silicone around the wire leading into the light!

I neglected to do this and with the conditions in the PNW, pretty much all of mine have moisture/dirt in them. I used the screws provided, plus a bit of glue to mount mine. They're so light weight I never worried about them working loose. Mine have been on for a few years with no issues (other than the sealing).

I also cut the 12V plug off the controller, and hard wired it in.

I've heard some people buy a bunch of small rare earth magnets on ebay, then epoxy those to each light. They are strong enough to hold the lights on in pretty much all conditions unless you literally scrape one off on a rock.

I've heard some people buy a bunch of small rare earth magnets on ebay, then epoxy those to each light. They are strong enough to hold the lights on in pretty much all conditions unless you literally scrape one off on a rock.
Thats an interesting idea, do you have a link to anyone trying that?

Best advice I can give is silicone around the wire leading into the light!

I neglected to do this and with the conditions in the PNW, pretty much all of mine have moisture/dirt in them. I used the screws provided, plus a bit of glue to mount mine. They're so light weight I never worried about them working loose. Mine have been on for a few years with no issues (other than the sealing).

I also cut the 12V plug off the controller, and hard wired it in.
Thanks, I'll definitely make sure to seal them up

I used some rare earth magnets to mount mine.

DSC07810.jpg

DSC07808.jpg

I tossed them cheap ass screws that came with it, don't use them, You will swear, go get some better quality screws, I had to open up the holes slightly to accommodate the better screws. I pre-drilled the screw holes into the jeep where I wanted to mount them, then put a liberal blob of fast cure windsheild adhesive onto the back of the pod ( effectively sealing them) then screwed them on. Never have lost one yet, or had any moisture /dirt problems. I mounted the controller on the center console in such a way it doesn't take up any space, waste any space and is easily accessible. I can get pics if u need

Last edited:
I used "Right Stuff" gasket maker. A dab on the bottom of the light and put in place. Lights have been on for over and year and have not fallen off. I took the controller out and hard wired to a switch.

I used "Right Stuff" gasket maker. A dab on the bottom of the light and put in place. Lights have been on for over and year and have not fallen off. I took the controller out and hard wired to a switch.
Do you have any pictures on how you wired the switch up?

Back