• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharrie

CarolinaCrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I'm new to the board and met a few people at the jamboree. I had a really great time even though I didn't get to wheel my rig. I know there's been a little talk about it but I wanted to bring it up again. How many people would be intrested in having an event there in the fall? Maybe start an annual thing. It wouldn't have to be something big like the Crawl, just a get-to-gether more or less. We all stay at the same campground (stayed at arrowhead last time and was pleasently suprised). Fend for youself with food and all (or we could do a potluck thing). Hell, it wouldn't have to be an offical NAXJA thing. What do yall think?

Wasn't the fall Flog held at URE ages ago?

We have tried to get a couple organized events together at URE, even an "eastern" Flog last year because many of us couldn't make it over the mountains at that time. Most have fallen through due to a lack of interest. Your enthusiasm definitely helps the planning.

NAXJA has been instrumental for Friends of Uwharrie. It may be a possibility to hold a fundraising event in the Fall to raise money for this upcoming off-season trail work.

You also have to convince the guys on the "other" side of the Appalachians to head over here for once :)

Wasn't the fall Flog held at URE ages ago?

We have tried to get a couple organized events together at URE, even an "eastern" Flog last year because many of us couldn't make it over the mountains at that time. Most have fallen through due to a lack of interest. Your enthusiasm definitely helps the planning.

NAXJA has been instrumental for Friends of Uwharrie. It may be a possibility to hold a fundraising event in the Fall to raise money for this upcoming off-season trail work.

You also have to convince the guys on the "other" side of the Appalachians to head over here for once :)

No, the flog was traditionally held at Tellico just like the Crawl. When Tellico was lost it has been moved around and I did try to do an East Flog while the TN guys did a West Flog but it did not have a lot of support. The biggest problem is that URE is considered "easy" but yet I have broken more there then anywhere else. Go figure! I'd be up for helping getting one going but I doubt we would have may come out. If we did it at the same time as the Jamboree it might be more successful. I will encourage you all to keep an eye on the forums and post up whenever you go. I am going to try and go for the work week on the 21st of April.

I'd be down for a URE trip if you guys weren't 10 hours away! Driving your rig that far costs a lot! :eek:

I'd be down for a URE trip if you guys weren't 10 hours away! Driving your rig that far costs a lot! :eek:

Thus why the Flog has been out of the question for many of us... AL is 10 hrs for me. Harlan is 6 which isn't too bad. The poor guys on the coast like Redheep have it even worse.

Now, before anyone says it, I do understand locating near the highest density of possible attendees makes for a larger turn-out. What I am proposing though is a show of support to keep the only real public trail system left in NC open and enjoyable.

Just got an email from Scott... He is already planning a Fall Jamboree.

I think it would be a great idea to have it during the jamboree. It was a decent turn out, especially for the weather. I'm used to big turn outs around here. We have a couple local privite parks that open a few times a year and have massive turnouts. One is a quite small park (only 25 acers) but has wild obstacles. Theres usually standing room only around the trails. I know uwharrie is not that hard as a whole, but there are a few spots that are pretty good. If we just had a handful of guys commit the first year it might grow. We don't have to have a big turnout to have fun. Just a get together at first and maybe see how it goes.

Nick, keep us posted on the fall Jamboree. If it comes together we might just plan on it then.

I was at arrowhead in site 32. I went buy your site a few times but it was a gost town. lol Spoke to redheep on our way out once, he was loading his on the trailer.

A fall jamboree would be quite fun. However, the main event coming up is the Crawl in July, so until that's said and done, the majority of time/effort will be going to that event. Starting with getting this Jeep of mine in order....

The nice thing about Uwharrie is (other than location for those of us on this side of the SEC), the costs are relatively low. Day passes are $5 each, camping is free unless you pay to go to a site like Arrowhead. All that's left is food, fuel, and any repairs.

Thus why the Flog has been out of the question for many of us... AL is 10 hrs for me. Harlan is 6 which isn't too bad. The poor guys on the coast like Redheep have it even worse.

Now, before anyone says it, I do understand locating near the highest density of possible attendees makes for a larger turn-out. What I am proposing though is a show of support to keep the only real public trail system left in NC open and enjoyable.

Its something like 16-18 hours for him to come to WF and he comes damn near every year! :eek:

Its something like 16-18 hours for him to come to WF and he comes damn near every year! :eek:

Isn't he from that area of the country?

Ohio.

I am an hour from Uwharrie, and can get 3-5 rigs together on no notice, 10+ with notice.

Just let me know when yall wanna organize it and Ill do my best to help.

Fundraising for Friends of Uwharrie is a great idea, I talked to Eli at the Jamboree and he couldn't speak more highly of this group as a whole, he has been blown away.

There is alot of interest, it may not be strictly from NAXJA, but the cherokee universe will attend, and it sure wont hurt NAXJA to have it going on, would sure as hell boost membership.

Think how many Xj's you see on the trails at URE, more than anywhere else I have been.

I won't let the cat completely out of the bag so to speak but yes there is a Fall Jamboree in the works. During the planning of the Jamboree we just had Scott Fields and I talked about doing something in the Fall. As soon as I was able to get some free time after the Jamboree I sent him a couple e-mails with ideas including doing a bigger and better event in the Fall. So today Scott sent out an e-mail mentioning the Fall event. Looks like I have a 2nd website to start working on.

And yes I have been blown away to put it lightly even by NAXJA's involvement and dedication with FoU and the efforts to keep our trails open. The Forest Service is loving it for lack of better terms, a lot is getting done especially with the Bobcat rentals etc. Any kind of fund raiser that could be put together for the workdays would be AWESOME. In fact that was part of the original idea behind having a Fall event (before it was a Jamboree).

Hello Everyone,

Thank you to all the dealers, clubs, swap meet/vendors and volunteers. I believe it was a success!
Safe, Family Fun!

The rain Saturday morning definitely hurt us but we still pulled out a decent turn out.

Please make note of our new domain name. www.UwharrieJamboree.com

We are already working on our next one ...... this FALL !!

Please let me know right away if you would like to be involved in the planning process. Fall 2012 and Spring 2013.

Thank you again and God Bless.

Kind Regards,

M. Scott Fields
[email protected]

Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center, LLC
www.UORTC.com http://profile.imageshack.us/user/UORTC/
Manager/Chief Instructor

Uwharrie OHV Jamboree
http://UwharrieJamboree.com
Promoter

336-906-1644
=================

The email from Scott Fields, for others to see. I get emails everytime so I will try to keep everyone up to date as best I can.

falluwharrieohvjamboree.jpg

i have wanted to go to a meet and greet, a flog, ANYTHING where NAXJA would be running wild, and because im WAY on the coast of NC and 6-10 hours away from anywhere to run.

if this fall thing goes, i will be making it a serious pin in my agenda.

Back