• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uuuuuhhhhh

About 5-6 years ago I had a Jetta VR6. A buddy of mine was trying to convince me to turbo it, so he took me in a ride in his turbo'ed VR6 Golf. Holy balls that thing was fast. Hit 80+ and it was still pulling.

photo6.jpg

Passed emissions. Little high on something, can't remember right yet, but it passed.

Guy almost didn't test it because "It has aftermarket wheels and tires"

my turbo goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeee and my truck goes vroom to the tune of 40psi and I still get over 20mpg....does that count

40psi? weak.

amen to 20mpg+ DD'ing, with the ability to tow 3 jeeps across the country hauling the family and 500lbs of gear..

"econo cars" are a thing of the past:patriot:

Guy almost didn't test it because "It has aftermarket wheels and tires"

For whatever reason they always seem to hire those with the lowest IQ's. I've also always loved how they put the really expensive and really loud testing equipment uncovered and unprotected... in the waiting rooms. All kinds of win :yelclap:

images

I have one of these...TDI. Boost and 42 mpg around town, 50+ on the highway. 600 miles per tank is the sweetness.

Ah yes,

Registration today. Cost me $132.48. Thinking about some new seats, saw at checker they have a black leather one for $130, tempting because it would be brand new, GSR leather on CList tends to go for $300 or more and I really only need the Driver seat.

Its just a rip in the seam, can that be fixed?

Depends....... what made you take the plug wires off to take a look?

Did it start running bad? Plugs still in and tight? The oil? Could just be bad seals around the valve cover.......

Or are you just talking about the sheared bolt/stud?

I had an '88 Mazda 323GTX, pretty sweet for its time, that was DOHC with those recessed spark plugs. Each plug has its own gasket, plus the perimeter gasket for the cover. The inner ones went out about twice as fast as the big one...more direct transfer of heat, I guess.

Could just be a bad gasket set, or maybe ring wear causing blow by. Or like Troy asked, did you shear a bolt?

Now, the stud was like that when I bought it, I'll assume thats easy enough to replace when I get the valve cover off? (never done that kind of thing)

It still runs just great, just wanted to see how the spark plugs looked. (tinkering, you know) It sounds like the seals around the spark plug tubes is the likely cause. Honestly, don't know what those look like, but I guess i'll do some research and find out how these are replaced?

a valve cover gasket should come with the spark plug tube seals. Easy to do. Just take valve cover off, remove old gasket/seals, install new, put valve cover back on. Used to be into the hondas a while back. Fun cars, and aftermarket is endless.

Now, the stud was like that when I bought it, I'll assume thats easy enough to replace when I get the valve cover off? (never done that kind of thing)

It still runs just great, just wanted to see how the spark plugs looked. (tinkering, you know) It sounds like the seals around the spark plug tubes is the likely cause. Honestly, don't know what those look like, but I guess i'll do some research and find out how these are replaced?

You may be getting a little oil leak because of that busted stud. Get a new gasket set, replace that stud, and see what happens.

Back