• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

USA-ALL donation

Danno

NAXJA Forum User
Those of you that were at the Friday night dinner in Moab know that we donated $1000 to the Utah Shared Access Alliance. The president, Brian Hawthorne, was in attendance as he is also a member of the board of UFWDA and they scheduled their annual meeting in Moab to coincide with our event. One of the BOD members is also a member of NAXJA.
I told Brian before that we were going to make a nice donation to USA-ALL. He seemed a bit blown away when I got to announce that NAXJA was donating $1000. Nice surprise to him. These are the folks who are fighting to keep Utah open to everybody that wants off highway recreation to continue. This also includes personal watercraft on Lake Powell.
Many thanks to all who bought tickets to the XJ raffle and to the equipment raffle. That's how we fund our donation to organizations like USA-ALL, Blue Ribbon Coalitiom, etc. Danno

Don't you ever quit and sleep. :dunno:

My mom went shopping on Wednesday and several of the shop owners told her how glad they were to see us there. It would seem that we were still a small group for Moab standards, but having the local business's noctice can't be bad.

Thanks,
Lincoln

Dan,

I saw the expression on his face when you said a $1k donation, a look of total surprise.

What an experience it was to be there, what a fine group of people to be associated with. Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
Tom

Lincoln said:
It would seem that we were still a small group for Moab standards, but having the local business's noctice can't be bad.
I bet serious $$ that the woman from that sanitation place also remembers us :) Although I dont think her thoughts are "warm" :)

I think the donation was awesome. There are several groups lobbying to close several areas around Moab to OHV travel. It seems to me that there is enough open land there for all interests to be satisfied.

USA-ALL

Guess I didn't imagine the look on Brian's face! I'm glad that we could help. They has jet skis banned from Lake Powell until USAA stepped in. Danno

Back