• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TwoWheelTalk

Very cool. Love how your Triumph visually stands out from the group.

A few weeks ago i made a posterboard template for a rack/plate to mount a 1 gallon rotopax to the back of my bike. Went down to the flopshop this weekend and had jon cut me out a prototype on his plasma table, made a few changes, then cut the final piece out of 1/8" aluminum

26576925404_7d4cd2fd8e_z.jpg

26908207410_a1ac0030d4_z.jpg

27087526232_9ed59aea54_z.jpg

27087540372_914660ed0b_z.jpg

27182812505_3915fb0ee2_z.jpg

I just need to do a little cleanup here and there on it then paint it.

I bet you cold marks the balls out of that.

"cold marks".......... Could market? :laugh:

I agree. That looks tidy and handy as hell for that kind of bike application. Hell, offer it up as a flat space as well for someone to mount whatever they'd want to on it. Looks killer....... as does all the stuff you put your talent toward.

Ok so MC riding has been pretty addicting......

Still haven't ventured out on highways like C470 or I-25..... not sure I want to with this bike.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it for what it is - a decent powered, light bike. REALLY glad I chose the Intruder to learn on, so easy to control.

I've probably got 200 miles of seat time so far. I'm feeling really good about it overall. Rode in a light steady rain for a short time and got my first experience with wet roads.... those white crosswalk stripes and the tar they seal the cracks in asphalt with..... SLIPPERY! LOL. Also will be treating my face shield with Rain-X...... jacket sleeves don't work well at all......

I'll be putting the windshield back on the bike too. The wind "hammering" at 50+ mph is pretty gnarly on this bike. I dunno how people ride without helmets and face shields at those speeds. I caught a micro-burst that blew road sand and gravel up and under my face shield..... I can't imagine taking that direct to the face.

What I'm learning is that a bigger, heavier bike will suit me better long term. I may ride a fully dressed (bagger with faring) to see what that's like. I'm not a fan of the looks, but I'm seeing the benefits.

Several guys at work are riding Victory bikes. I rode a Gunner and a Hammer and liked those OK. WIDE.... but solid. Personally, I'm digging the High Ball.......but would have to get drag bars for it, not into the mini-apes.

We'll see what the future holds....

Im glad to hear your having so much fun riding! Sometime soon we'll take the backroads up to evergreen area and either do a short stint back down 285 or jump on 470 from morrison to get you up to highway speeds.

As far as marketing the cargo racks, there are a lot of companies making them, and they arent super expensive. I just didnt like the size and shape of alot of them. I wanted something small and sleek that would be hidden once the rotopax was mounted.

Heres an example of what the basic off the shelf ones look like...yuk

27136006961_ed30688c22.jpg

I found some time this afternoon to paint the luggage rack i made last weekend. I also added door edge guard to the back to prevent my tailbag from chafing on it, and added to rub strips for the rotopax to rest on so the texture paint wont get rubbed off.

26648325533_95e357613c_b.jpg

I got some parts in the mail today while i was at work so i spent a few hours this evening installing them to get my bike all dialed in for the pacific northwest trip ill be taking in a few weeks.

Swapped out the footpegs for Pivot Pegz. They sit 1/2" lower then the factory ones so my knees wont be quite as bent while sitting for hours on the highway.

27253709515_480904e23b_c.jpg

26647124864_ca750d3f91_c.jpg

I ditched my sw motech 1" spacers that sat underneath my bar clamps in favor of 2" adjustable Rox Risers. Now i can stand up and ride more comfortably.

26647113264_c13bd1255c_c.jpg

And last but not least, I installed a Kaoko throttle lock/cruise control. This is probably the thing im most excited to have on my bike for the upcoming trip.

27156683992_3f18926929_c.jpg

Cruise makes all the difference in the world. Those legs are a lot wider too! Feel more stable standing up? Tall guys off road sucks man. Everything is built for 5'8" guys.

Everything is built for 5'8" guys.

Yeah without going to a larger and heavier 1200cc bike im a little tall for most bikes(6' 3"). I really like the size and weight of my bike so i chose to just modify it so suit me.

Ive only cruised around the block a little tonight, but it already feels a ton better. If you look at my arms in this pic you will see how straight and stretched out they used to be toeach the bars

26515197354_9315fe1eec_c.jpg

With my pegs and bars being an additional 1.5" further apart now i can easily reach the bars and still have my elbows slightly bent. I think im gonna have alot more control standing up offroad and be able to be in a comfortable position.

Yeah I'm right with ya 6-2. And I agree. Without going with a big boy it's hard. Definitely some good upgrades though!!

Dutch had one

Just got done riding my tiger over 3,500 miles from last sunday till yesterday. Looong story short i road up to Ennis Montana, just ouside of Yellowstone National Park, and met two buddies of mine that rode there from Washington. For the net three days we rode all back roads, two lane highways, and dirt roads till we reach Bellingham WA which is in the very northwest corner of the state. We took a day off so i could get a new phone, we all did some laundry and rested up, and then the three of us plus one more hit the road friday morning to ride down the coast. We took a ferry across part of the ocean to the washington penninsula then road down the coast some more and camped on the beach for the night. I woke up saturday morning and rode 950 miles and got a hotel just outside salt lake city, then rode the remaining 550 miles home yesterday. I had an amazing time riding with some really great friends on some of the best roads ive ever been on. My bike did amazing and i loved it the entire time...but after the last two days of over 1500 miles of highway riding at 90-100 mph I think im finally ready to start looking at tiger explorer 1200s and some bmw gs1200s.

So mike if youre ready for me to make you a good deal on the tiger just let me know, its gonna go in for the 12,000 mile service at the dealer in the next week or two then im gonna clean it up and possibly put it up for sale soon. If i can sell my prerunner f150 and the bike ill have a pretty good chunk of cash to throw down on a new bike

Back