• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turbo manifold progress

tealcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
tealcherokee said:
and i got alot of the manifold done.

who says you cant weld stainless w/ a mig :thumbsup:

Image(125).jpg

Image(126).jpg

Image(127).jpg

Image(128).jpg

Nice work...Lookin' good. I think I would have tig welded it though. Are you going to mill the header flange back true after all of that welding?

MogifiedXJ said:
Nice work...Lookin' good. I think I would have tig welded it though. Are you going to mill the header flange back true after all of that welding?

aww leave it warped adn use it for yoru blow off valve :confused1

damn, that looks really good.
ever think about making a sheetmetal intake?

I have been throwing the same idea around in my head I even have the turbo setting at my house I will use an internal wastgate. How are you going to mount the turbo?

Last edited:
holy dig up dead thread...

check out brysons thread, were using the same design as my manifold, but he has a tig so, its getting tigged :D

but, theres plenty of pics in there check it out

ya I just found this web site today and was looking throw all the old posts I saw turbo and had to look have been turboing Hondas for the last 5 or so years and I just got a jeep last year and have been wheelin ever since. I know the power of the turbo and would like to put one on my jeep that manifold is exactly what I had in mind. Where do I see the other pics at?

Its really not that you can`t weld stainless with a MIG...I think it`s more so that you need to take more safety precautions do to the fumes.

Fairmonco said:
Its really not that you can`t weld stainless with a MIG...I think it`s more so that you need to take more safety precautions do to the fumes.

Actually, the fumes from TIG and MIG would be almost identical. Welding stainless will produce hexavalent chromium (aka hex chrome/chrome-6) which is carcinogenic, no matter how it is welded.

pdharrin said:
Actually, the fumes from TIG and MIG would be almost identical. Welding stainless will produce hexavalent chromium (aka hex chrome/chrome-6) which is carcinogenic, no matter how it is welded.

did you know that you can get certian kinds of cancer from a virus?

I just had to tell someone...

tealcherokee said:
holy dig up dead thread...

check out brysons thread, were using the same design as my manifold, but he has a tig so, its getting tigged :D

but, theres plenty of pics in there check it out

Hope you're not still planning on using stainless........just because every ricer out there has a polished stainless Taiwanese header dumping into their shitcan-tipped resonator, doesn't mean you have to do it.

And it probably wont like getting wet during water crossings either.

-jb

vintagespeed said:
Hope you're not still planning on using stainless........just because every ricer out there has a polished stainless Taiwanese header dumping into their shitcan-tipped resonator, doesn't mean you have to do it.

And it probably wont like getting wet during water crossings either.

-jb

and this proves what? besides that you know nothing....

stainless makes a better manifold than mild steel, when its done right. for some reason i dont see shed 40 (nearly .120 wall) cracking from the weight.

i also dont see myself doing any hood high water crossings in my 12 second street/rally jeep.....

tealcherokee said:
and this proves what? besides that you know nothing....

stainless makes a better manifold than mild steel, when its done right. for some reason i dont see shed 40 (nearly .120 wall) cracking from the weight.

i also dont see myself doing any hood high water crossings in my 12 second street/rally jeep.....

I know a little something. I'm not the one taking one of the most capable 4wd vehicles ever built and turning it into a fawking import. Oh forgive me, a "tuner".

Like any of these kids know a fawking shit about tuning an engine.......

Enjoy, dont get so bitchy when someone questions your use of a brittle material in a very high stress application. Some of us have actually done this before.

vintagespeed said:
I know a little something. I'm not the one taking one of the most capable 4wd vehicles ever built and turning it into a fawking import. Oh forgive me, a "tuner".

Enjoy, dont get so bitchy when someone questions your use of a brittle material in a very high stress application. Some of us have actually done this before.

:kissyou: :passgas: :gonnablow

vintagespeed said:

Trust me he knows what he's doing and, he's in good hands. ;)

I guess I'm just one of those ricer kids who doesn't know anything about engine tuning. (EFI101 aftermarket engine management tuning certified). I guess my 370whp CRX on the stock 1.6L block is just a... fluke?

BTW, who said that turboing a jeep was turning it into an import? Huh, I can't remember exactly, but I think those Ford, chevy, dodge...etc diesels are turbo'd? Interesting cause I never knew those were classified as "imports.":sure:

CRXYAY002.jpg

CRXYAY005.jpg

Yup...no idea what i'm doing. I just build custom turbo setups everyday.

vintagespeed said:

ROTFFLMFAO..... you couldnt tune your toilet bowl

and last time i checked, my jeep will still be 4wd....and will be a very capable rally truck, and rip up the street as well.

tealcherokee said:
ROTFFLMFAO..... you couldnt tune your toilet bowl

and last time i checked, my jeep will still be 4wd....and will be a very capable rally truck, and rip up the street as well.

uh huh.

Well it'll be interesting to see. So what are you going to use for driveline oh master of all things turbo, to control all of this new-found hp?

Enlighten me.

well im pretty sure he was running a d-30 front, sprung under d44 rear? i know it was hooked up to an aw4 and a np242....good choice for the full time 4wd mode...all of this is what i heard from a friend, all in all it should be able to nicely handle some serious hp on a street rig, provided the necessary improvements are made. Ryan's smarter than most people give him credit for....i dont always like 100% of his ideas but i dont go crapping all over him just cause he's thinking outside the proverbial box

Back