• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Trip report & pic's

Now for some pics.

Crushers

IMG_6938Custom.jpg

IMG_6941Custom.jpg

IMG_6942Custom.jpg

IMG_6945Custom.jpg

IMG_6947Custom.jpg

IMG_6957Custom.jpg

IMG_6958Custom.jpg

The stump is just about to style my fender and load up my bead w/woody goodness

IMG_6959Custom.jpg

IMG_6962Custom.jpg

IMG_6968Custom.jpg

IMG_6972Custom.jpg

Nice Pic's and Video Pat.

It is amazing how the trails change difficulty with the rain :D

Michael

Great trip everyone! I came home very early Sunday morning but was far to tired to even post anything up. I got home around 4:00AM and stayed awake until about 6:00AM, it was real nice sleeping in bed with my girlfriend instead of with 2 dirty sweaty guys. I have some video and pictures of everyone else but not a single piture or video of me, anyone else have any? I will post my stuff if it is any different than the stuff allready posted up here. Next time I need some limiting straps and bar pin elliminators, loosing a coil twice and almost running over a bilstein 5150 is no fun. " Thanks IXNAYXJ for saving my shock!!!" No other damage to report but a bent wheel and some scratch's on my sliders. It was nice meeting some new faces, it was a pretty fun trip!

I was looking at the weather this upcoming weekend and it is not going to rain at all, I think I might want to head out somewhere and hit some trails. Maybe head out to estacada or something. We will see though, Friday and Saturday night there is going to be some high amounts of drinking.

jeepboy381 said:
Great trip everyone! I came home very early Sunday morning but was far to tired to even post anything up. I got home around 4:00AM and stayed awake until about 6:00AM, it was real nice sleeping in bed with my girlfriend instead of with 2 dirty sweaty guys. I have some video and pictures of everyone else but not a single piture or video of me, anyone else have any? I will post my stuff if it is any different than the stuff allready posted up here. Next time I need some limiting straps and bar pin elliminators, loosing a coil twice and almost running over a bilstein 5150 is no fun. " Thanks IXNAYXJ for saving my shock!!!" No other damage to report but a bent wheel and some scratch's on my sliders. It was nice meeting some new faces, it was a pretty fun trip!

I was looking at the weather this upcoming weekend and it is not going to rain at all, I think I might want to head out somewhere and hit some trails. Maybe head out to estacada or something. We will see though, Friday and Saturday night there is going to be some high amounts of drinking.

i have some stuff of you Josh, but i can't post till this evening after work. :D

What do you mean you can't surf the internet and post up videos and pictures online While your at work??? Whats the world coming to? J/K Thanks Man

mojojojo said:
i have some stuff of you Josh, but i can't post till this evening after work. :D

Ya, cause its not like your on the internet:roflmao: :laugh2: :roflmao:

I had a blast, I was bummed I had to bow out after watching Pat work the crushers. I forgot the 'dry' clothes and we were all wet and muddy.. and running low on movies for the trails.

Here is AssuieWheeler Crowning Hogs Back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAETBT9ruU

Go figure... bent Tie-Rods

1693266380_cb83912c8e.jpg

1692413947_ade5bb8420.jpg

Here is some Spring Action!

1693272890_485c86238e.jpg

1692418667_14be1d3c90.jpg

A scenic shot of our Lunch Time rally area.

1693274262_5ebcdbd5a0.jpg

I think this is at the top of FireBreak or somewhere in there.

1692412091_c5b41c88e4.jpg

I think this is in progress of Firebreak
1692409931_6314bab44d.jpg

Somewhere along Cedar Tree. We were trying to get a pic of Rod's XJ "leaning like a cholo"

1692407367_8ec8c8fad8.jpg

Here is this one, not sure where.

1693263886_51490e3719.jpg

A lot of my pics where blurry..

It was a great time..

Whats next!

noutlawjeeper said:
always 33s? i'm thought you were smaller a ways back.

Nice soundtrack Pat, make me want to go on a shark hunt.

I was on very worn 32s before, so let's say 31.5s. 4.88s with those would have sucked for gas milage on the way down.

Joe's taking a late night crack at Mini rubi.
100_0230.jpg

Josh navigating the rock garden prior to waterfall.
100_0220.jpg

Josh giving his pumpkin a rest. (note how an unbent tierod is supposed to look)
100_0218.jpg

100_0210.jpg

only because i know a picture of me in my scibbies is out there somewhere....
100_0191.jpg

some folks we came across on 7-up doing it the hard way
100_0160.jpg

hogs back saw alot of XJ's this weekend
100_0161.jpg

sorry Dustin, but you got that late night axe murdurer look again. Yur starting to freek me out man.:looney: ............:eek:
100_0145.jpg

cpl more vid's in the works then i'll shut up.

mojojojo said:
Joe's taking a late night crack at Mini rubi.
100_0230.jpg

my turn signal is still intact in this one.

Like everyone said this trip was a blast. I had an awesome time camping and wheeling this weekend.

Those of us who camped out Friday decided to go on a night run up Hood Raiser and Hogs Back around 10:30. While going down the back side of Hogs Back I came around a corner to find Rod crawling the right side of the trail, half on half off. I was a little confusued as to how he got off the trail in the first place, but let it go. While coming back up the trail I came around a corner again to find him off the trail again in the same place. This time it was a little to tippy to crawl out of so he winched out.

P1010004.jpg

P1010002.jpg

After getting him back on the trail, we all made it back to camp around 1:30 and went to bed. One hour later Joe (WaXJ_Skier) finally decides to make his grand entrace into camp after driving around for two hours trying to find the camp.

The next morning Rod, Kyle and myself topped off our tanks at the Shell before our meeting time at Rogers Camp with the others. Kyle's trackbar bolt worked itself loose on the way there, so after limping it back to camp he found a more permanent fix.

Once we made it to Rogers Camp we had a total of 15 Cherokees, and 2 Toyotas ready to go hit the trails. After a quick driver meeting we split up into two groups. Pat would take one group and head down to Archers Firebreak to run the Waterfall. Rod and myself would lead another group on Cedar Tree, Fire Break 5, and Hogs Back. Then both groups would meet at the Crushers around 1:30.

Pat Hatten Tour Group getting ready to leave.
P1010005.jpg

Rod running the rock garden on FB5.
P1010016.jpg

Scary situation we found on 7 Up. The bottom Jeep got turned sideways and started to get tippy, the other jeep drove around and dropped down from the top to come-a-long him back to stable ground. The steepness of the trail and angle of the jeeps were incredible.
P1010017.jpg

P1010019.jpg

Kyle getting some air time on Hogs Back.
P1010023.jpg

Josh coming up Hogs Back.
P1010024.jpg

P1010025.jpg

Both groups then met up at the Crushers around 1:30. Pat and one of the Toyotas wanted to give it a shot.

The Toyota on the upper loop. He completed it in under 10 minutes.
P1010027.jpg

Pat on the upper loop.
P1010029.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010033.jpg

After completing the upper loop, the Toyota then headed for the lower loop. Some of stayed around to watch him, while others decided to call it a day. Probably an hour or two later those of us who stayed behind were ready to back head to camp. On the way to camp we made a short stop at Mini Rubicon for Matt, Pat, and Josh to try an conquer.

P1010035.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

Matt attacked it first at full throttle and instantly realized how slippery it was. Full throttle attempts only. Needless to say he was unable to conquer it. Pat and Josh gave it a shot after and both ended with the same results.

We headed for camp afterwards to warm up and get some food. Those who came up for the day headed home, and those who were camping headed to get gas. Around 9:00 everyone decided it was time for a night run. We ran Hood Raiser and Hogs Back as usual, but then headed over to Archers Firebreak for a night attempt at the Waterfall.

Up until our arrival we had no problems other than one wrong turn. Then they began one by one. Roger in the camo Cherokee tried to get over the rocks leading to the Waterfall without any luck. After several tries he decided to take the bypass. Josh then arrived at the rocks and started to crawl over them when Matt saw his front passenger shock ripped from the axle. A couple minutes later with one less shock Josh was on his way. Matt was first to run the Waterfall and with a little bit of throttle he made it up. Rod was next in line to give it a try. He made it probably 90% of the way up when someone noticed his tires looked funny. \ \ / / = Tie Rod #1. He winched up to flat ground and swapped it out for one of his three spares. Ken, Josh, and Joe followed him up without any problems.

On our way back to camp we made a stop at Mini Rubicon. Rod jumped on it first with his newly swapped tie rod. After giving it several tries and coming close to making it, he began to back down. Some how while dropping off a rock on his way down he bent his tie rod again. Once on the road he began swapping in his second of three spares. Joe then headed up to give it a try. With his new 4.88s and Aussies installed he headed up with full confidence. But just as the last four people before him found out, it was to slick to get any traction. His run ended after coming down hard on a rock and some nasty noises were heard.

Wanting to give it another try Matt started up it at full throttle. After his first attempt was unsuccessful he backed down, realigned a bit and gave it a second try, but this time one gear faster, 2nd gear full throttle. With some severe momentum he got up to the chute and came down HARD on the rock below him. Instantly you could hear his fan chewing at the shroud. Fearing for the worst he backed down to check for damage. All joints and shafts were intact luckily, but his rim was bent, fan shroud was in pieces, and unibody tweaked (find anything else?).

Rod finished up changing his tie rod and we all headed back to camp around 2:30. Josh aired up and headed home, while the rest of us went to bed.

I got home Sunday afternoon wet, hungry, and exhausted. I cant wait for the next one. :cool:

Back