• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest: 5/8

I would be interested in leading a group. we could spread off and go different ways and plan on looping around and meeting up a few hours later. I think a good spot for 30 rigs to park would be the rock crawl section of firebreak 5. but we would need to coordinate how that would work, as i dont expect too many Ryans to wanna run FB5 in a stock rig.

I would be interested in leading a group. we could spread off and go different ways and plan on looping around and meeting up a few hours later. I think a good spot for 30 rigs to park would be the rock crawl section of firebreak 5. but we would need to coordinate how that would work, as i dont expect too many Ryans to wanna run FB5 in a stock rig.
I don't plan to have the group run FB5. It's just not safely doable without the risk of body damage in a stock rig in my opinion (rockers will not be smashed under my watch! :)) . Maybe a more modified group could break off and run the east trails. I planned on trying to have lunch at either Horsecamp (covered), Lyda Camp, or further up near Hogsback. Just depends on how much ground we cover/weather. For the actual "beginner run" we'll be doing Browns Powerline, Powerline, Hoodraiser, Hogsback, and a little of Archers. I'm working on a second route right now that should stay near the other group so lunch coordination will be easier.

Honestly I would love to lead, but this run is for me to meet the local Naxja guys and see how things are ran, and how responsible people are in this group. Before I become a member of Naxja I wanted to go on a run first....so I cant lead but I can sure help out by taking the tail end or in the middle to help out.

I would love to see one of the group runs hit Cedar Tree, that to me is an awesome beginner trail that even seasoned people enjoy allot. Dustin if you wouldn't mind I would like to stay with your group, since your the only one I know here.

I would not mind leading a beginner group. I will have a friend and his son in another rig, I am not sure what he has on it.. maybe 2 inches and some tires.. but it will be their first time, so I will stay with them.

If they can not make it, I would not mind leading a more moderate run.

You know me, I am down like charlie brown..

FiveNDime, who do you normally wheel with?

it looks like for the beginner run that a full size should fit? i know ive done this b4....
were taking the girls/kids for there 1st actual bach of trails this time, and jason would love nothin better to be cruzin along with the pack insted of waiting it out on the bypasses.
as for me im down for anything. i dont think i know the area well enough to lead yet, but i am shure down for anything that helps.
im also thinking that i may camp at horsecamp or browns. so it would work out well. we can do some pre-setting b4 the run. either/or, i think will have plenty of room.
ill be there all weekend so a slow sat is all good with me. cb tomorow along with some other mic stuff and ill be good to go.

cya soon:kissyou:
Bronze

it looks like for the beginner run that a full size should fit? i know ive done this b4....
were taking the girls/kids for there 1st actual bach of trails this time, and jason would love nothin better to be cruzin along with the pack insted of waiting it out on the bypasses.
as for me im down for anything. i dont think i know the area well enough to lead yet, but i am shure down for anything that helps.
The Bronco will be able to fit on almost all of the trails I have planned. I do intend to run the back side of hogsback which does have a width filter on both sides. Other than that one trail, he'll be able to roll with the main group all day.
I would not mind leading a beginner group. I will have a friend and his son in another rig, I am not sure what he has on it.. maybe 2 inches and some tires.. but it will be their first time, so I will stay with them.

If they can not make it, I would not mind leading a more moderate run.

You know me, I am down like charlie brown..

FiveNDime, who do you normally wheel with?
I'll keep you in mind, Dave!

As of right now I would prefer if we could all stay together, but we won't know for sure until we see the turnout on the morning of. If we need to split into two groups I'll have one group take the highway down to South Fork Rd, and from there they will begin at the half way point for the other group route. After they have finished the last portion of trails on west side they will start heading back and run the first section they skipped in the morning. If all goes to plan both groups should meet in the middle near either Lyda or Hoodraiser.

I also have another route mapped out for a more modified group if we need it. The problem with that is it's mostly based on the east side (FB5, Cedar Tree), while the more beginner friendly route is on the west (Archers). Meeting up for lunch may be a challenge, but we could figure something out.

[Everyone] Don't worry about which group your going to run with, we'll work everything out while we're staging in the morning.

im super new and want to do this, are some of you guys meeting at pir if so i would be down to roll with you guys- thanks

99Redxjbuilder........sorry, I would be sorry to if I had to roll in a wrangler in the woods....lol....jk I meant lots of XJ's...or in my terms a grip of them.

Yeah, PIR at actually 7:45 is what Torx said and leave at 8am, but 7:30 works too :spin1:

Here is the list so far of guys meeting at PIR for a convoy....Torx, moderate to add names if you would please.

Myself...FiveNdime
Torx
Iceman
Mr.Fister
nw-xj-scott

im super new and want to do this, are some of you guys meeting at pir if so i would be down to roll with you guys- thanks

IF your coming from Oregon City, PIR is WAY out of the way. I'll be coming from Gladstone taking McGloughlin to Hwy 26 and joining friends at the Cornelius Pass Chevron at 8am. You're welcome to folllow me out...

Talked a co-worker into bringing out his FJ. I'm +2 now.

99Redxjbuilder........sorry, I would be sorry to if I had to roll in a wrangler in the woods....lol....jk I meant lots of XJ's...or in my terms a grip of them.

Yeah, PIR at actually 7:45 is what Torx said and leave at 8am, but 7:30 works too :spin1:

Here is the list so far of guys meeting at PIR for a convoy....Torx, moderate to add names if you would please.

Myself...FiveNdime
Torx
Iceman
Mr.Fister
nw-xj-scott
Sorry. but i will not be meeting at PIR. i was just trying to be helpful:rof:

I'll meet up at PIR with you guys.

Back