• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest: 5/8

There's air @ the Shell station you'll be passing on the way up there... so on the way back to civilization, if you have not already aired-up, there ya go... costs 50 cents, don't last very long, but ya know... plus it's not a huge deal to do it when ya get back home... have run 11 pounds in 35's on my former TJ with no ill effects, and it's a 90 mile one-way trip for me! Just sayin'...

When did they start charging?

My Air system is down :( with my winch. Not sure why its dead. I have not been able to dig into it as of yet. I will see if I can pick up another. Its always good to have a back up anyway.

I was wondering if any of you could bring a tire pump that hooks up to your battery that we can air up tires with it would be a great idea to do so. I will bring my air along but if we have 30 rigs to fill its gonna take forever with a few pumps.:shocked:

I know a few of us will have air available, and I'll bring out my portable compressor too.

I'll try and go over the basics of airing down in the morning, but if I don't have a chance, go ahead an ask someone why they're airing down and what they recommend for pressures. The same goes for disconnecting your sway bar.

When did they start charging?

My Air system is down :( with my winch. Not sure why its dead. I have not been able to dig into it as of yet. I will see if I can pick up another. Its always good to have a back up anyway.

Gale's Creek Shell has, at least for the past couple years, charged 50 cents for air... used to stay on a lot longer than it does now... if you're quick, you can do 4 31's in time... if you're not so quick, it'll cost ya a buck:twak:

Gale's Creek Shell has, at least for the past couple years, charged 50 cents for air... used to stay on a lot longer than it does now... if you're quick, you can do 4 31's in time... if you're not so quick, it'll cost ya a buck:twak:
they never used to charge.. pull up on the right side of the building and the hose is right there. free of charge. have not used it this year tho

There is a quarter slot, but you don't need to put money in. The air is free. I paid once a long time ago, but the attendant told me it was free. Sometimes they shut of the compressor when its slow. They have always used it for a reason to get more people to stop and buy a couple things.

There is a quarter slot, but you don't need to put money in. The air is free. I paid once a long time ago, but the attendant told me it was free. Sometimes they shut of the compressor when its slow. They have always used it for a reason to get more people to stop and buy a couple things.
and i have always said they should build a Car wash bay. i think that would awesome.

In my honest opinion its a stupid idea to drive any distance on aired down tires, not to mention its very unsafe. I have done it a few times and hated every minute of it but since I was in a large group I didn't want to stop them all for me to air up. Basically going from Ben Smith road to Rodgers Camp on the pavement. Also when you dismount those tires I can bet you have a bunch of rubber "sawdust" in them just rolling around due to them heating up and coming apart. My rant is over.....plus I have air others can use as well.

Re: TSF Noobfest: The Final Details

Torx.....EDIT.....add m38crawler & avallanche for meeting at PIR. You can leave my dad as a maybe and take my +2 off thanks! :)

Torx.....EDIT.....add m38crawler & avallanche for meeting at PIR. You can leave my dad as a maybe and take my +2 off thanks! :)
Done.

I believe I'm all packed, and ready to roll out in the AM. :)

I also picked up three packs of hot dogs and buns. That should be good for a pretty good potion of the group, but won't cover everyone. In addition to lunch I would also recommend bringing extra food/water to have with you in the Jeep during the day.

GOT THE JEEP DONE!!!!!! IM READY TO ROCK!!!
jeepbmw102.jpg

jeepbmw103.jpg

I'm looking to hook up with the north end convoy also. Can someone give me a little more detail on where pir is? Exit number? ...what is PIR? Sorry if that's a stupid question:)

im gonna meet up with the guys at pir also, dont know anybody, but what ever

I'm looking to hook up with the north end convoy also. Can someone give me a little more detail on where pir is? Exit number? ...what is PIR? Sorry if that's a stupid question:)

Coming from Washington it would be Exit #306. Follow the signs toward Portland International Raceway (PIR). Hang a left on N Broadacre Rd, and we'll be at the first parking lot.

For those of you meeting us in the morning at PIR, make sure you're there before 8:00. I plan to have everyone rolling out at 8:00.

Thanks, Mr.Fister for the link.

Back