• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trappers lake question

I have been up there as early as the first week of June. Usually it's mid to late June before you can get there. Depends on snowpack and weather. I spend much of my free time in the Summer exploring the Flat Tops.

How 'bout you take some free time and snap some dadgum pics of your MJ..... :twak:

:D

Here is a nice pic of Trappers from the trail leading to Coffin and Little Trappers lake.

Camping094.jpg

Man that brings back memories. A few years ago (18) I built all of the furniture for the Elk Creek Lodge across the river from the Sleepy Cat. On of the perks was a few week long fishing trips on the White River, Elk Creek, Marvine Creek and Trappers Lake. What an experiance. I sure couldn't afford it any other way. I hear Elk Creek Lodge is a private retreat now. Too bad.

Thanks for letting an IC member sneak in.

FearNoFish

Man that brings back memories. A few years ago (18) I built all of the furniture for the Elk Creek Lodge across the river from the Sleepy Cat. On of the perks was a few week long fishing trips on the White River, Elk Creek, Marvine Creek and Trappers Lake. What an experiance. I sure couldn't afford it any other way. I hear Elk Creek Lodge is a private retreat now. Too bad.

Thanks for letting an IC member sneak in.

FearNoFish

You wouldn't recognize the area around Sleep Cat. Lots of huge cabins and lodges ahve been built there. Sleepy Cat has been closed for a couple years now.
A huge fire back in 01 burnt much of the valley going up to Trappers including the original Trappers Lake Lodge.
The White River and Flat Tops continue to produce huge trout!

Dang, this sucks heavily, I've been in the denver area about 12 years now and I hear about all the good places on the west side either being sold out or put outta bounds, it just breaks my heart to see the land go away that my dad used to take me to when I was a rugrat, WTF?

Back