• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Woes.....RC

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
I started getting a clunk in the front. It is really loud just randomly but I can also hear it by moving my steering back and forth. I just recently put in an Aussie in the D30, so I kinda thought it could be that. I think I have isolated it though. My Rough Country adjustable track bar (the one with the stock style tierod end on the upper side) is shot. This thing only has about 7thousand or so miles on it and about 6 days of wheeling on it. Anyone have any suggestions? I am not real sure I want to get another RC end as it went out so fast. I only have zj steering and stock pitman arm so can't really do a lowered track bar without a pitman arm.

Here are a few options:
-remove and recycle
-remove and sell to a sucker
-remove and use as a conversation piece

The stock one peicer is much stronger
I went the way of the rubicon express hd trac bar and brace. I also have a piece of rod with a loose tie rod end we giggle over in the shop once and a while.

Get a real trackbar like the RE1660 and the the brace,you will be good to go!

I started getting a clunk in the front. It is really loud just randomly but I can also hear it by moving my steering back and forth. I just recently put in an Aussie in the D30, so I kinda thought it could be that. I think I have isolated it though. My Rough Country adjustable track bar (the one with the stock style tierod end on the upper side) is shot. This thing only has about 7thousand or so miles on it and about 6 days of wheeling on it. Anyone have any suggestions? I am not real sure I want to get another RC end as it went out so fast. I only have zj steering and stock pitman arm so can't really do a lowered track bar without a pitman arm.

So you think you found it or did you find it? I went with the NAPA TRE on my RC track bar..Got 3 yeras out of it before i removed and installed it on the wifes car..I have beat the crap out of mine..
Good luck...

Check out the Iron Rock Track Bar. It is beeef, and totally affordable.

Look at that bracket!

0c746a1d.jpg

So you think you found it or did you find it? I went with the NAPA TRE on my RC track bar..Got 3 yeras out of it before i removed and installed it on the wifes car..I have beat the crap out of mine..
Good luck...

Do you know the part number for this or what I need to ask for.

Yeah, I am almost certain this is the clunk I am hearing.

Give them a call,(IRO) these guys are great in helping you..Off hand i can't think of the number on the TRE...You can also CALL RC and they can tell you the number for your TRE...

So RC doesn't even know what kind of thread pattern it has.:flamemad:

They were able to give me the Napa part number though in case anyone else may need this:
ES140R

ES140R is small dia. tre so no it wont work with your RC trackbar

So RC doesn't even know what kind of thread pattern it has.:flamemad:

They were able to give me the Napa part number though in case anyone else may need this:
ES140R

Thanks guys. May go with a Napa tre until I can get a better trackbar

i just ordered the IRO double sheer track bar tonight, i cant wait to get it! i've read nothing but awesome reviews on it, and hopefully for tax season i get at least 1000 back so i can order their new y link setup =) IRO gave me a big case of the i wants!

www.ironman4x4fab.com

You can't beat his trackbars. He makes them so beefy that they would outlast the jeep. He'll make em to the length you specify and must cheaper than most aftermarket companies. His name is Andy, give him a call.

With RC, you get what you pay for. You should see their double sheer trackbar. It's a joke.

DSCF7008.jpg

www.ironman4x4fab.com

You can't beat his trackbars. He makes them so beefy that they would outlast the jeep. He'll make em to the length you specify and must cheaper than most aftermarket companies. His name is Andy, give him a call.

With RC, you get what you pay for. You should see their double sheer trackbar. It's a joke.

DSCF7008.jpg

Looks like he uses the factory tre. Seems pretty pointless to have such a beef bar and a tre that wears out in 3 months....no different than my RC track bar.

I have both RC Trac bars. the Double shear has a Beefy mount, but the bar is smaller. it's been holding up great. I couldnt complain, bar&mount for $110 is a great deal, but i would not use this bar with huge tires. i do agree, i think it would bend easily with heavy abuse.

The RC Trac bar with a TRE Is also a decent deal, but the TRE they put on it is junk, I upgraded to a MOOG TRE and threw it on my ZJ. It's holding up great!

+1 for RC.. I also really like IRO's setup. Great bang for the buck there too!

Looks like he uses the factory tre. Seems pretty pointless to have such a beef bar and a tre that wears out in 3 months....no different than my RC track bar.

Who? Andy? He built mine with double sheer. No way in hell I'd use a tie rod on a trackbar. They just don't last long. Andy offers t-bars with tie rods as a cheaper alternative if you wish to use it.

Back