• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toyo M-55 vs. BFG A/T or BFG M/T

I run 31" BFG MT's on my XJ. It's my daily driver to work 60 miles onway.. They wear really well, great in mud of course, nice ride on the highway not too loud. I had BFG A/t on my dodge ram also a great tire wears like steel as said earlier a nice snow and rain tire and running dirt fire road with mud not too deep. Another nice tire to look at that I just put on my Grand cher. is the Bridgestone revo's

I vote for the maxxis bighorns, its what I run in the 33x12.50 variety, have about 10k of street driving on them now and 2-3 runs up to browns camp on them, I run them at 20psi and they are fairly quiet, a lot quieter than any swamper I have run. Although I have never ran a set of the trxus tires everyone seems to swear by.

the price is defenately right, I paid $537 for 4 delivered to my door, cheapest 33's new I could find at the time.

I worked at Discount tire for a while and the BFG A/Ts are the best. Those other tires have come in and they are all cupped and just massed up really bad. They also wear great my dad and my bro have never had problems with there BFG A/Ts

well, i was gone for a week and wasnt able to respond, but thanks for all your guys' input on this. john, you were a really great help, as with all you others.

Have you looked at Big O tires,I ran there XT 33x9.50 with a great warrenty for 5 years 30,000 miles all conditions worked great.Now I`m running there new XT tire and have been pleased in all conditions I`ve put it into.

BFG M/T's all day, everyday baby! i've ran these on every rig i've owned for the last 15 yrs, and have never had an issue or complaint. The only thing i will add is that in the NW clay type mud they do seem to "slick up" and not clean out. although i have not seen to many other tires that do in that sort of goo.

XJNana said:
Toyo M-55: Very durable casing. One of the toughtest tires available with decent traction. Not quite as aggressive as the BFG MTs, but more so than the ATs. You'll get a lot of miles out of these as well.
This could not be more accurate !!! They wear like iron and will absolutely surprise you in the muddy conditions. but, in a 265\75-16 they will run the same price as traditional Toyo MTs. for they price, the Toyo MT is gold. i have them on my dodge 1 ton and LOVE them.

Back