• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Customs U bolt eliminators

It's not like the XJ is SUA and the plate and nuts are hanging under the axle tube. The only thing I see that really differs from the u-bolts is the tab for the bump stops. Enough 3/8" steel plate to make your own runs around six bucks. That leaves you $124 for eight more hardened nuts and a 9/16 drill bit. Tough call.

I think they are an inovative product... I'd love to lose my U bolts - and just be able to run standard [Grade 8] bolts... Makes life much simper when I need to remove my axle... Plus the option of having them with or without built in lift is extemly nice.

How many out there have or will want to increase their lift height, but not use blocks, or buy new springs? This is a great option for those people...

Plus if you're going to weld on new spring perches [to set your pinion angle] why not go with a set of these... Kill two birds with one stone....

-Will

you can also adjust the wheel base by 1-1.5 inches and the pinion can be adjusted at the time they are installed. those are two big advantages to me.

91 Jeep Project said:
Just because you welded it to something doesn't mean it's no longer a block.........

agreed - i "technicaly" run 1/2" bolcks...

but since they are welded to the spring perch, they must just be spring perches giving me the lift, but no negitives of blocks... :wierd:

they are 7" long and are my "custom" "anti-wrap" plates made from 1/2" steel...

anyone wanna buy the brooklyn bridge?

Well just ordered thier 3/4" lifted eliminators, thier 8.8 axle truss and 1.5" shackles.

Reason...

Swapping in a 8.8. If you really want to make it easy, strong and Clean looking as well as, less prone to spring wrap, ease of removing axle, moving axle forward and back slightly, unflexable housing as well as I am sure a dozen other benifits, then this I believe was right, at least for me.

If you price new high end Ubolts, plates, shock mounts, spring pads, ect just to swap the 8.8 in, then your really only out like 50$ and its got that 3/4" build in. Then you add in the truss to allow the benifits of of course strength, and the ease of fabing either a 3link in the future or a traction bar, then the benifit of extra weldable surface area for the ubolt eliminators to axle, since they line up at the ends and allow a nice full bridge from eliminator on one side to the opposing side and the entire assembly is not going to go anywhere....

All in all with the total lift it will allow me to run dearched 4.5" springs for a flatter spring at 3.5" total spring lift, and the the longer (1.5") shackles for better flex of the longer spring, and then the 3/4" eliminators added just rest to hope for the 5.5-6" total rear lift wthout the added wieght that will be there after the cage and supplies. that I hope is perfect for the 34x10.5 LTB?...

Also, if you compare this item and price to the M.O.R.E. 8.8 install kit, its about the same in price and purpose but at least with this you get the lift options as well as the other not so big features that this design comes with.

I will post pictures first of next month after I get it all on the axle and set up.

Last edited:
Another advantage that hasn't been listed is the wheel base adjustability that you get without moddifying the springs. I ordered one with a 3/4" lift for my 9" swap, and I chose to adjust the wheel base 1" back. Everything about these u-bolt eliminators is awesome, especially the extended bumpstop plate. You basically get all the best stuff in one small kit. Totally worth it in my opinion.

91 Jeep Project said:
Thanks for playing, try again.

is this meaning that you dont think you can adjust the wheel base up to 1.5" after installing with these or adjust the pinion angle when installing them???

ROBERTK said:
is this meaning that you dont think you can adjust the wheel base up to 1.5" after installing with these or adjust the pinion angle when installing them???

nah he just dont like T&T stuff. So he always has to bash them....

91 Jeep Project said:
It's people like you that bring it up.

What is the purpose of your posts... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is hasta rediculous...

**On Topic**

I'll agree that the adjustablity of the wheel base is a definite bonus... And the bumpstop plates work extremely well to fine tune your uptravel...

-Will

91 Jeep Project said:
Thanks for playing, try again.

He was only pointing out how rocwrlr said that these could be used to adjust wheelbase and then xjj33p3r sayed the same thing claimming that had not been mentioned yet.

Back