• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Swing

mroinsno

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if there are tire swings that don't require swapping bumpers? Ive got a 2001 xj and I'm 17 so i don't have money to swap bumpers and all that. Its just to much hassle.
THANKS!!:sunshine:

I just usually find a good tree with a sturdy horizontal limb and hang it from there. There are different ways of doing it though. Are you going to hang the tire vertical or horizontal. I've done both and personally, I prefer horizontal. I use 3 eye bolts and go through the sidewall of the tire. Then take the rope from those 3 eyebolts to a point about 5ft. above the tire and tie them off to a ring. Then, use the ring to secure the swing assembly to the tree. Lots of different ways of doing it though. I've never had to swap my bumper to install a tire swing. I didn't even use my jeep. (other than to drive to the hardware store for eye bolts and rope)

HTH

:wave:

LOL now thats funny

Make sure its grade 8 bolts but i dont ever use a tree i just use a sky hook! much easier

they do make a stock tire carrier though that bolts to the side of the jeep

Back