• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on the passing scene:

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
Well,.. That’s finally over.

All the wailing liberals should remember that Mr Trump was a liberal leaning Democrat for a long time before he was a Republican.

All the cheering conservatives should remember that before he was a Republican, Mr Trump was a liberal leaning Democrat for a long time.

In any case, his stated views haven’t changed much.

Some people are going to be severely disappointed/horrified by Mr Trump’s supreme court picks. Conservatives think it will be liberals. I won’t be terribly surprised if it turns out to be conservatives.

Everyone’s wondering who’s fault this is.
The DNC almost lost control of their nomination process this year. Somehow they managed to almost loose control of what should have been a shoe-in.
The RNC lost control of the process four years ago and had no control over what happened during their primary this year.
Just something to ponder.

Twenty years ago we had “Billary” and “The working First Lady.” At least we won’t have to put up with the same jokes using “Hillbilly” and “The first hound dog.”

The First Lady is going to be a model. And to think people were making a big deal about Sarah Palin’s clothing budget during her run for office.

I am in some ways curious on how Trump will run things. I am wondering how much or what he said was pandering to the far right to get elected vs him actually agreeing with them. Also have to wonder that if he was pandering, how far to the left will he actually move once he is in office or if he isn't pandering and stays hard right, how far right will he go?

If the way he screwed over small businesses and tradesmen is true and with how he bas his lines of merchandise produced overseas, I don't understand how people who worked in trades and/or American factories could actually vote for the man! I'm also worried that his reported, cavalier attitude towards the use of nukes might be true, and if that is the case, I hope we're close enough to a targeted site, being in the Chicago Burbs, that things will be a quick flash and that is it, if he does decide to get stupid with the nukes.

I will also say this, if he does end up being so far left he is on par, or even to the left of Clinton, I would laugh almost as hard as I would if the latest "Clinton E-Mails" found on Weiner's laptop ended up being a whole bunch of his "Selfies".

Back