• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those of you with home built long arms...

Interesting. But, does a three link keep the front end geometry "true" enough for high speed antics like JeepSpeed? I don't know, I'm asking.

I'm thinking that a three link will be less precise.

?

Absolutely. With shitty bumpstops in the front I've bombed my rig across coal mines at 60 MPH+ and the links were definitely not the limiting factor.

Goatman's buggy runs the same link configuration (front and rear, actually), and although his rig is quite a step above mine, I think that speaks a lot about the durability of that setup.

The panhard keeps the axle centered laterally, the lowers keep it square to the chassis, the upper handles the torque wrap. An oversimplified but easy way to envision it.

Interesting. But, does a three link keep the front end geometry "true" enough for high speed antics like JeepSpeed? I don't know, I'm asking.

I'm thinking that a three link will be less precise.

?

the main issue with a 3 link in a jeepspeed rig (and the reason that you'll likely never see it) is that jeepspeed class 1700 requires a suspension kit that is a mass manufactured unit for their front suspension control arms -
4.1.3.3 Any manufacturer suspension lift kit from our approved list of vendors may be used provided it is readily available
to the general public. Kit components must be installed per manufacturer’s instructions. Subframes or relocation brackets are permitted and may be welded in place after installation per manufacturer’s instructions. Suspension brackets
and components may be strengthened by adding material. Components from differing suppliers can be used on one vehicle. Manufacturers are to contact Jeepspeed for approval..
and I believe the only 3 link option for them is the Rock Krawler 3 link, and I'm not sure if anyone runs that.

apparently my knowledge is a little dated...

thanks for the update. :shhh:

though, I dont see a bracket for the upper link mount?

It's there...

d_5434-01.jpg

d_5432-01.jpg

and you can kinda see the upper link here:

d_5430-01.jpg

Might not be the best geometry for clearance or gettin' it...but it seems pretty stout. Looks like a decent kit for a midarm 3-link.

Yeah, not bad. I'd be inclined to weld on some "ramps" behind the drop brackets to help obstacles slide over.

Back