• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

think my Jeep dealer is putting the screws to me?

Speaking of screws, LOL, something is screwy with those prices if they included the parts. The track bar price sounded OK, especially if it included the Track bar, and if it did I would jump on it. The rear brakes price for wheel cylinders and the tranny lines prices sounded outrageous, especially if they did not include the parts. Even if they included the parts the brake prices are just way too high for my tastes.

You could replace the rear brake drums, pads, wheel cylinders, springs, clips, keepers, and buy quality tools and a manual for about $75, and spend a day on the weekend learning how to save big bucks doing it yourself (brakes). The Tranny line replacement is a simple no brainer and probably not more than $100 for new lines at the aftermarket parts stores.

So did those prices include the parts, and did you get the prices/work combos correct, or out of order maybe?

Its a dealer. Its their nature to screw people.

Back