• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things learned at Moab Fest.......

I guess I grew up on a ranch with about a thousand head of cattle. Never heard anybody refer to punching them down a road as cool unless they were a city slicker. :guitar:

Its cool if you're not the one busting your nuts punching em down the road!!!:cheers:

I'll add just 2 things;

1. Don't brag about a DANA 35 non C clip axle with over 270k on it.

2. Don't hold your valve stem cap in your teeth while airing up your tires and admiring the brown stripes on the side of your jeep.

See # 2.

28. SteveT will randomly bust out in a traditional Irish clogging dance

100_0406.jpg

:roflmao:

It's my squirrel dance..."Gimme a nut, another shiny nut, please!"

any one planning a summer run?

Yes

Some lessons learned, some taught...

- Lug nuts? Just snug, right? Good 'nuf.

- With a steady diet of cotton wood fluff, and sand, it's amazing how little you have to eat.

- Whatever you have to eat, eat it with dirty hands.

- Sometimes the voices in my head just crack me up...But the price is secrecy...shhh!

- Jack Daniels has no effect on me...but that Coke Zero packs a wallop!

- Aforementioned beverage makes a dandy laxative...that kicks in far, far away from camp.

- The porta-potties at BFE are just beautiful. No, really, they are.

- JohnJohn has questionable taste in day/night care providers...But it was an honor to serve...I think...things are blurry.

- Low Voc brake cleaner can apparently double as a fire EXTINGUISHER! Whooda thunk?

- That's not a paper plate, it's a high fiber tortilla!

- Fred can do amazing things with them old, crippled fingers.

- Too much sun and wind bad for lips. Chapstick good for lips. Chapstick + wind + sand = bad for lips, but a tasty, if somewhat gritty, trail snack.

- If it looks like poo on your rock rails, and you think it just might be poo, go ahead and give 'er a sniff. Yep, that was poo.

T...out

- Too much sun and wind bad for lips. Chapstick good for lips. Chapstick + wind + sand = bad for lips, but a tasty, if somewhat gritty, trail snack.

- If it looks like poo on your rock rails, and you think it just might be poo, go ahead and give 'er a sniff. Yep, that was poo.

Indeed! :roflmao:

Ok just a few more...

-SteveT really does have a Jeep
-Troy's dipstick is bigger than Matt's. Or maybe it was the other way around. Not sure, I wasn't looking THAT closely.
-zith has a leaking taillight
-Cows do leg splits (just before performing #30 above)
-Cow poo has amazing adhesive properties
-XJ's have a surprisingly large amount of storage space
-Moab dust cures belt squeal
-Kane Creek and 'quick run' are not synonymous on Friday nights
-fireLt. can't lead a group off of golden spike, but he makes for a good paper towel dispenser (most of the time)
-Hippies are from outer space
-Having jack stands in your tent will keep it from rolling across the desert in a windstorm
-Talking about Uranus makes SteveT giggle

These are all the pictures that you can muster................. :looser:

-Troy's dipstick is bigger than Matt's...... I wasn't looking THAT closely.

Yeah, you have it stated correctly. But it's nice to know it didn't go un-noticed......:D

31. I need to do more fabbing on my trussed D30........ :mad:

100_0415.jpg

Damn Troy! How did you do that?

I have no idea. Thing is..... it coulda been a speed bump. The weld was decorative at best. Very little penetration to the lower panel of the truss. It's a clean rip, you can see the straight cut edge of the metal - that should have been burned deep into.

I'm just regretting having been in such a hurry to get that axle done. The little voice inside my head was telling me to run a bead on the back side (inside) of that area where the two panels met. That would have kept this from happening.

I have a thread in Off Topic on this issue - wanted to make sure others that have this truss check their welds....

TnT is already aware of this problem, I was told it'll be looked into on Tuesday.

Yeah, you have it stated correctly. But it's nice to know it didn't go un-noticed......:D

Hey wait a minute! If I remember correctly, when we measured them side by side, they were the same size! They just had different markings...

SteveT- 9 Coke Zeros will make anyone gitty.

31. I need to do more fabbing on my trussed D30........ :mad:

100_0415.jpg

Ok, well that mess is fixed now. Got the Bushwhacker fixed that BFE took a bite out of too. Just waiting on R.E. and the shims and I'll have reversed the Moab damage...... Now I suppose I should get busy with a vacuum and air chuck and rid the interior of 40 lbs of Moab dust........ :thumbup:

Back