• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things learned at '08 Fall Fling

OK...I'll play.
Jim has the best attitude, with the worst luck.
Rev

I wouldn't say the worst luck. I got this thing alittle over 5 yrs. ago. It's first wheeling trip was to the 20th. You've seen how I wheel, I'm surprised it's lasted this long. I've had a few minor problems, but nothing major until now. I could have been pissed & ruined the trip for more than just me, but with the help of good friends I still had fun. JIM.

Alright Don, I need the story with this one...............:D
Be careful what you wish for.....Mom has a story about brushing her teeth with Brylcreem.

Alright Don, I need the story with this one...............:D

The wifey gave me a tube of goo about a year ago, been riding it around with me in my snivel kit (advil, tums, etc in an Altoids tin) on the assumption it was lip-balm...

Turns out it was SPF30 sunscreen in disguise :doh: That explains the awful taste.

Sometimes reading the fine print is wise...

The wifey gave me a tube of goo about a year ago, been riding it around with me in my snivel kit (advil, tums, etc in an Altoids tin) on the assumption it was lip-balm...

Turns out it was SPF30 sunscreen in disguise :doh: That explains the awful taste.

Funny....a few weeks ago we discovered that my son used some SPF30 in a tube to glue an art project together.....needless to say it didn't stick and left it looking somewhat greasy. Glad to see you found another use for it too. :D

Yummy- at least your lips didn't get sunburned.:laugh2::laugh2:

:cheers:

I learned a few things:
No matter how many times I see the scenery in the SW, I still love it!
I understand why some call Moab the "promised land".
Some people are cooler on the internet than in real life.
Some people are cooler in real life than on the internet.
3 or more spotters is not always better than 1.
Just because someone watched how to re-bead a tire on U-tube (with flamable gas) doesn't mean they know how to do it correctly.
Some Rag photographers get jelouse of other Rag photographers.
Some people know how to wheel, others know how to talk about it.
I know why people come back to Moab.
There are usually multiple lines to an obstacle, but not all lines are doable in the same rig.
Sometimes it is best to just sit back and watch.
I really enjoy experiencing a trail with 20 of my best friends, but I don't always enjoy the time it takes.

Michael

1) I'm a DickFace
2) You can't always see two plates even though they are in the same picture
3) Fenders on XJeeper are not always perfect
4) they still make film in the roll
5) If it walks like a pickle, talks like a pickle, it's probably a pickle.
6) MY JK likes pickles, other JK's not so much
7) TJ DO have mirrors, but TJ drivers don't always use them
8) King of the Hammers is cool
9) Not telling your wife about a lift kit is just as bad as telling her it's not lifted
10) my couch is comfortable
11) BFG hats are a good thing
12) I barely snore at all
13) rear track bar bolts should be lock-tite'd
14) JK's ROCK...wait I already knew that before FF'08

9) Not telling your wife about a lift kit is just as bad as telling her it's not lifted

LOL! :roflmao:

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation...... :D

What'd she say when she saw the JK all dirty inside and out - but the doors were nice and clean? :laugh3:

Last edited:
LOL! :roflmao:

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation...... :D

What'd she say when she saw the JK all dirty inside and out - but the doors were nice and clean? :laugh3:

Led and Jeff were both at the the house when I slipped about the lift. It had sat in the garage for a day or so, she said nothing.

Then just before we left for Moab I was telling Led and Jeff about the flex on the JK. I said "it flexed pretty good yesterday when I had it up on the lift." Her ears perked up and she said "Why did you have it on the lift?" BUSTED

I washed it before she saw it. She still has not seen the huge dent in the front bumper. I love her!

1. Bloose and Dennis are super entertaining on Pritchett
2. LS1's CAN fit in XJ's
3. WHY does no one have carb cleaner or a wire brush?
4. All modifications to French Fry's rig are a direct result of breaking that thing the trip before
5. MJ's defy the laws of gravity and must be pushed DOWNHILL when broken
6. McGuiver and Brianho3 are funny dudes
7. Tom's rig is mud resistant
8. Hell's Revenge only takes 2:15 if you don't stop all the time
9. Tail lights aren't rock proof
10. Goatman and chrome diff covers are Funnay

1. Bloose and Dennis are super entertaining on Pritchett
2. LS1's CAN fit in XJ's
4. All modifications to French Fry's rig are a direct result of breaking that thing the trip before
5. MJ's defy the laws of gravity and must be pushed DOWNHILL when broken
6. McGuiver and Brianho3 are funny dudes
7. Tom's rig is mud resistant
8. Hell's Revenge only takes 2:15 if you don't stop all the time
9. Tail lights aren't rock proof
10. Goatman and chrome diff covers are Funnay

brainho3 wasnt there but pmain was...they dont look alike...

mac 'had a wire brush and carb cleaner in moab' gyvr

When did you need carb cleaner? I've been carrying a can of that in the truck to use as throttle body cleaner, but didn't know anyone needed it. No wire brush, tho.

Speaking of Mike, does anyone know if he did all right getting home? I don't know what he goes by on the boards (assuming he hasn't changed his screen name to "French Fry" yet).

She finally saw it yesterday. Almost a week after being home, she drove it like 4 times and never saw it. LOL

Sorry about the bumper dude, it was either that or the fender/flare/marker light........besides, what a small price to pay to get your stock Liberty up the waterfall.:D
First you need some tires, then armor.

This might work for you......
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/100_2220.jpg

Wait, you're a Durango fan....

GarageSale_1197382171_18991.jpg

I actually like the lines on this one.......
pic2small.JPG

Better yet........
EJS08-05512081994634803a927292fe.jpg

Back