• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the on board air setup

Man I wana see more pics of that engine bay...looks like you've done quite a bit of mods!

~Scott

this oba project is a big confusing mess....the compressor fitting for the outlet side I cant find a fitting to work for. I wish home depot was next door so I dont waste a couple tanks of gas just trying to figure stuff out.

this oba project is a big confusing mess....the compressor fitting for the outlet side I cant find a fitting to work for. I wish home depot was next door so I dont waste a couple tanks of gas just trying to figure stuff out.

i just used the factory lines. i cut mine at the metal part of the line and hose clamped it. my take on this is that if you are running a pop off valve near by it will only build pressure to that point. so the risk of the hose clamp blowing off is not that big of a deal. mine works fine. :dunno:

there are pics in that other thread if you need em.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=990679

Last edited:
i just used the factory lines. i cut mine at the metal part of the line and hose clamped it. my take on this is that if you are running a pop off valve near by it will only build pressure to that point. so the risk of the hose clamp blowing off is not that big of a deal. mine works fine. :dunno:

there are pics in that other thread if you need em.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=990679

I'm thinking I'll go that route as well. I did a similar set-up on my CJ's OBA, it works fine. If you can save a few bucks and extra install time and get the same performance, it's a win/win.

well got it all done tonight and then filled the oiler and fired up the rig. then I touched the power to the battery on the compressor. Clutch engaged but not no pressure built up and I dont believe compressor is even working. Guess i should have checked if it was seized before I started this stupid project.

well got it all done tonight and then filled the oiler and fired up the rig. then I touched the power to the battery on the compressor. Clutch engaged but not no pressure built up and I dont believe compressor is even working. Guess i should have checked if it was seized before I started this stupid project.
Are u sure you have the inlet/ outlet right? When I first did mine i had them wrong and it acted like it wasn't building any air pressure. Check where u have your inlet coming from and see if you have air comming out of it

inlet is closer to block and outlet is closer to battery im assuming since when I tested it with no fittting a little left over freon shot out the side closest to battery??? Could I need to add oil to compressor from top fitting to lube it up as well as the oiler that is full?
P1010343.jpg

P1010342.jpg

P1010341.jpg

like i said clutch engages like its working but nothing is happening other than that. Stuff wont be hanging once its dialed in and I build a bracket to hold stuff upright.

When you switch it on you should here a click and the pump should sound like it is pumping. It will be audible. If you need to replace it, I would look for an A/C pump that has 7 bolts on the back since it would be a 7 piston instead of the 5 piston you have.

will picked up another compressor and did a little work on this and now it works great. Only hing I noticed is that it builds pressure so fast that safey relieve valve goes off every 5 seconds. This would be the need for pressure switch???
Anyways I aired up a tire from 0 to 35 in a minute and a half... that made me a very happy camper.

ya without a tank the safety valve blows alot. i finally decided to add a tank and a pressure switch to mine to get rid of it but will still run a on/off switch so it is not charged unless i need it.

Back