• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**The official "this guys crazy for what he wants" on CL**

I've seen some really good looking xj's on fsj chassis. This guy just doesn't seem get it though. You don't stack one above the other and call it good. Someone should offer that guy $50 for that pile and $50 to get a clue.!!!

I'm thinking about buying it. It will be a good start to a project.

There's no Freakin way.

Parting out 1998 Jeep Cherokee (Camas)

Date: 2012-01-04, 4:17PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Black with Tan Limited Leather Interior, hit in the front but the hood and drivers fender still good, the rest of the body and running gear are in excellent shape.

Engine with 180,000 400.00
Trans 300.00
Transfer case NP242 250.00
Rear end 8.25 with 3:55 gears 150.00
Front end hp d30 with 3:55 gears 200.00
Doors 250.00 each
Rear hatch 250.00
Complete Interior 400.00
Hood 100.00
Drivers fender 100.00

Dude wants to get $2400 out of this. lol

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5F25J85Mc3I43Ff3H3c14f14e11800944175f.jpg
5O25Ga5Mc3G23L53Ncc14da971a1a2d85124c.jpg
5Na5F95M63Mc3I23H1c14b1874ad824b418d2.jpg

Last edited:
JEEP CHEROKEE XJ, 4.7 STROKER ENGINE, SUPER CLEAN, LOW MILES TRADES?? - $9995 (SALEM)

Date: 2012-02-02, 5:57PM PST
OK, first off, yes I know this is a high price for a 1994 Jeep Cherokee, but I have over THREE TIMES the asking price in it and it's REALLY clean.

Here's the list:
*1994 Jeep Cherokee XJ, RARE column shift AW4 auto, rubber mat interior, manual windows and seats, A/C. That's it. I searched for a Jeep with these specs because it eliminates electronics that can "fail on the trail".
* 106,000 original miles, VERY little off road. I built if for street / sand mainly and it RIIIIIPS! Drop the tires down to 12 PSI and go ALL OVER THE PLACE!

*ENGINE*: 220 wheel HP last time it was dynoed!
-Radiator, hoses, fan clutch, heater core, and control valve all replaced in the last 25K.
- Recently built 4.7 stroker I6 engine, 8000 miles since build, almost fully broken in. Currently using Redline synthetic oil. This is a short rod stroker with Keith Black eutectic pistons .060 over stock, with extra dishing to give about 9.0:1 compression, a 258 4 weight crank, and 258 rods. This is now 284 C.I instead of the stock 242.
-BIG VALVE head conversion by Louthan cylinder heads of Brooks, Oregon. 2.02/1.90 valves and stage three porting and bench flow work. ARP head studs, rod bolts, and crank main bolts. '99-up main bearing stud girdle added.
-Yella Terra roller rocker arms, stock cam, springs, push rods, and Cloyes dual-roller timing set .
-Fastman ported 62MM throttle body, on a '99-up intake manifold, and power steering pump, 24 pound Ford Cobra blue top injectors, K&N/AFE cold air intake.
-HESCO HIGH flow oil pump, water pump, T-Stat. housing, and adjustable fuel regulator.
-MSD6 off road ignition pack. Controller, coil, and wires. New distributor and drive gear.
-Doug Thorley stainless steel, ceramic coated header, 2.5 inch exhaust and Jardine hi flow muffler, Magnaflow hi-flow cat. converter, RemFlex graphite header gasket (THE BEST).
-M.O.R.E. bomb-proof engine mounts.
-ALL sensors, serpentine belt, and fuel filter recently replaced
-UNICHIP aftermarket computer upgrade. Allows for adjustable timing and fuel trims.
-Rubberized metal valve cover gasket. NO LEAKS!!!

*TRANSMISSION*
- AW4 automatic, with 242 transfer case 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel all wheel drive, 4 wheel high range, and 4 wheel low range choices.
-AMSOIL synthetic fluid and new Transdapt cooler, 25K ago. NO LEAKS, RUNS COOL, SHIFTS FIRM!

*LIFT*
-3.5" (maybe a little taller) OLD MAN EMU multi-leaf rear springs, front coil springs and mono-tube NitroCharger shocks. Proven in the Australian Outback, considered to be THE BEST short lift. Rides great, flexes great, handles like a sports car (ALMOST!)
-JKS upper and lower control arms, adjustable track bar, sway bar Quicker Disconnects, and tie rod. SUPER stable and strong. THE BEST parts for the XJ front end.

*FRONT & REAR DIFFS*
-Dana 30/35, 4:10 gears
-Detroit TrueTrac locker/limited slips. STRONG helical gear actuated design.
-ALLOY USA front and rear chromoly axles.
-Stronger 249 front axle U-joints and ALLOY USA axle tube seals.
-Rear Transdapt see-through diff. cover Made from Lexan, the same material as bullet-proof glass. STRONG!
- vented front discs and ceramic pads on front.

*WHEELS & TIRES*
-31/10:50X15" Dick Cepek FCII tires, FANTASTIC all-around tires, quiet on the road and REALLY good in the sand. Tread is 60-80%
-Jeep Wrangler 15"X8" factory alloys, nice, with a little rock rash. Spare is a stock Cherokee steel wheel with matching DC FC II tire.

*BODY & INTERIOR*
-RARE factory COLUMN shifter. I've only seen one other Cherokee XJ with this. I really have come to like this. It puts BOTH hands close to the wheel.
-SUPER STRAIGHT, CLEAN body and interior. EASY clean rubber mat flooring (PLUS full set of tub-style rubber floor mats from Quadratec Jeep parts), no rips, tears, or bad stains, seats aren't broken down and the door panels are like new.
-Tilt steering wheel.
-Added FACTORY cruise control. THE LAST ONE available from Jeeps Are US! Works perfectly.
-AC and heater both work like new.
-Added AC fan override manual switch for extra engine cooling on the trail.
-Front and Rear tow hooks
-Alpine CD and speakers
-Clean, unbroken factory fender flares
-Fiberglass rear hatch lid in EXCELLENT shape. NO CRACKS!!

*THE BAD*
-rear end howls a bit. It has for 20,000+ miles and that's just a Dana 35 behind this much power. NO drive-ability problems!
-The AC fan has a cracked frame. WORKS FINE, and it's a cheap fix.
-The CD player control face is missing. NICE NEIGHBORHOOD :-(

Well , that's the list. Again, I have STUPID big money in this Jeep. It's just plain clean AND REALLLLY QUICK. The stroker gives v8 power with the legendary I6 long-life. I've only taken it to the sand about 6 times and it's A TOTAL BLAST. It gets THOROUGHLY FLUSHED and CLEANED after any OFF ROAD use, which hasn't even been that much. Plus it will surprise MANY street cars and when the weather is bad, put it in all-wheel 4 and it's VERY SAFE. It will plow through 3' of snow too, NO PROBLEM.

WILL TRADE FOR A 1993-1998 DODGE RAM 12 VALVE CUMMINS DIESEL P/U OF EQUAL VALUE, A 2004-up SUBARU LEGACY WAGON, or a KTM or HUSQVARNA DUAL SPORT, 450 or 500CC range, of equal value.

If you are hunting for a SWEEEEET JEEP XJ, LOOK NO FURTHER $9995.00 NO JOY RIDES, SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY, LET'S NOT WASTE EACH OTHERS TIME.

Todd 503-910-9646

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5Gf5F45H83Ie3Mf3J6c1udce353ad2d4a1907.jpg
5Id5Y25Mc3Fc3L23H1c1ub2807d3d6457166a.jpg
5K75Me5Jc3Kf3Lc3Ndc1u499a691251e919af.jpg
5Lf5N35U63Ff3J43H2c1ub5a3672ca0301d12.jpg

PostingID: 2826710984

JEEP CHEROKEE XJ, 4.7 STROKER ENGINE, SUPER CLEAN, LOW MILES TRADES?? - $9995 (SALEM)

Date: 2012-02-02, 5:57PM PST
OK, first off, yes I know this is a high price for a 1994 Jeep Cherokee, but I have over THREE TIMES the asking price in it and it's REALLY clean.

Here's the list:
*1994 Jeep Cherokee XJ, RARE column shift AW4 auto, rubber mat interior, manual windows and seats, A/C. That's it. I searched for a Jeep with these specs because it eliminates electronics that can "fail on the trail".
* 106,000 original miles, VERY little off road. I built if for street / sand mainly and it RIIIIIPS! Drop the tires down to 12 PSI and go ALL OVER THE PLACE!

*ENGINE*: 220 wheel HP last time it was dynoed!
-Radiator, hoses, fan clutch, heater core, and control valve all replaced in the last 25K.
- Recently built 4.7 stroker I6 engine, 8000 miles since build, almost fully broken in. Currently using Redline synthetic oil. This is a short rod stroker with Keith Black eutectic pistons .060 over stock, with extra dishing to give about 9.0:1 compression, a 258 4 weight crank, and 258 rods. This is now 284 C.I instead of the stock 242.
-BIG VALVE head conversion by Louthan cylinder heads of Brooks, Oregon. 2.02/1.90 valves and stage three porting and bench flow work. ARP head studs, rod bolts, and crank main bolts. '99-up main bearing stud girdle added.
-Yella Terra roller rocker arms, stock cam, springs, push rods, and Cloyes dual-roller timing set .
-Fastman ported 62MM throttle body, on a '99-up intake manifold, and power steering pump, 24 pound Ford Cobra blue top injectors, K&N/AFE cold air intake.
-HESCO HIGH flow oil pump, water pump, T-Stat. housing, and adjustable fuel regulator.
-MSD6 off road ignition pack. Controller, coil, and wires. New distributor and drive gear.
-Doug Thorley stainless steel, ceramic coated header, 2.5 inch exhaust and Jardine hi flow muffler, Magnaflow hi-flow cat. converter, RemFlex graphite header gasket (THE BEST).
-M.O.R.E. bomb-proof engine mounts.
-ALL sensors, serpentine belt, and fuel filter recently replaced
-UNICHIP aftermarket computer upgrade. Allows for adjustable timing and fuel trims.
-Rubberized metal valve cover gasket. NO LEAKS!!!

*TRANSMISSION*
- AW4 automatic, with 242 transfer case 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel all wheel drive, 4 wheel high range, and 4 wheel low range choices.
-AMSOIL synthetic fluid and new Transdapt cooler, 25K ago. NO LEAKS, RUNS COOL, SHIFTS FIRM!

*LIFT*
-3.5" (maybe a little taller) OLD MAN EMU multi-leaf rear springs, front coil springs and mono-tube NitroCharger shocks. Proven in the Australian Outback, considered to be THE BEST short lift. Rides great, flexes great, handles like a sports car (ALMOST!)
-JKS upper and lower control arms, adjustable track bar, sway bar Quicker Disconnects, and tie rod. SUPER stable and strong. THE BEST parts for the XJ front end.

*FRONT & REAR DIFFS*
-Dana 30/35, 4:10 gears
-Detroit TrueTrac locker/limited slips. STRONG helical gear actuated design.
-ALLOY USA front and rear chromoly axles.
-Stronger 249 front axle U-joints and ALLOY USA axle tube seals.
-Rear Transdapt see-through diff. cover Made from Lexan, the same material as bullet-proof glass. STRONG!
- vented front discs and ceramic pads on front.

*WHEELS & TIRES*
-31/10:50X15" Dick Cepek FCII tires, FANTASTIC all-around tires, quiet on the road and REALLY good in the sand. Tread is 60-80%
-Jeep Wrangler 15"X8" factory alloys, nice, with a little rock rash. Spare is a stock Cherokee steel wheel with matching DC FC II tire.

*BODY & INTERIOR*
-RARE factory COLUMN shifter. I've only seen one other Cherokee XJ with this. I really have come to like this. It puts BOTH hands close to the wheel.
-SUPER STRAIGHT, CLEAN body and interior. EASY clean rubber mat flooring (PLUS full set of tub-style rubber floor mats from Quadratec Jeep parts), no rips, tears, or bad stains, seats aren't broken down and the door panels are like new.
-Tilt steering wheel.
-Added FACTORY cruise control. THE LAST ONE available from Jeeps Are US! Works perfectly.
-AC and heater both work like new.
-Added AC fan override manual switch for extra engine cooling on the trail.
-Front and Rear tow hooks
-Alpine CD and speakers
-Clean, unbroken factory fender flares
-Fiberglass rear hatch lid in EXCELLENT shape. NO CRACKS!!

*THE BAD*
-rear end howls a bit. It has for 20,000+ miles and that's just a Dana 35 behind this much power. NO drive-ability problems!
-The AC fan has a cracked frame. WORKS FINE, and it's a cheap fix.
-The CD player control face is missing. NICE NEIGHBORHOOD :-(

Well , that's the list. Again, I have STUPID big money in this Jeep. It's just plain clean AND REALLLLY QUICK. The stroker gives v8 power with the legendary I6 long-life. I've only taken it to the sand about 6 times and it's A TOTAL BLAST. It gets THOROUGHLY FLUSHED and CLEANED after any OFF ROAD use, which hasn't even been that much. Plus it will surprise MANY street cars and when the weather is bad, put it in all-wheel 4 and it's VERY SAFE. It will plow through 3' of snow too, NO PROBLEM.

WILL TRADE FOR A 1993-1998 DODGE RAM 12 VALVE CUMMINS DIESEL P/U OF EQUAL VALUE, A 2004-up SUBARU LEGACY WAGON, or a KTM or HUSQVARNA DUAL SPORT, 450 or 500CC range, of equal value.

If you are hunting for a SWEEEEET JEEP XJ, LOOK NO FURTHER $9995.00 NO JOY RIDES, SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY, LET'S NOT WASTE EACH OTHERS TIME.

Todd 503-910-9646

5Gf5F45H83Ie3Mf3J6c1udce353ad2d4a1907.jpg
5Id5Y25Mc3Fc3L23H1c1ub2807d3d6457166a.jpg
5K75Me5Jc3Kf3Lc3Ndc1u499a691251e919af.jpg
5Lf5N35U63Ff3J43H2c1ub5a3672ca0301d12.jpg

PostingID: 2826710984

WHAT A JOKE! :twak:

Back