• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The MJ is totaled :(

Did the towing company demolish it or was it pretty bad anyways?

They didn't do it any favors but it was already trashed.

It wouldn't roll to its wheels and there was no way to get to the other side of the creek. They picked it up with a boom truck and sat it in the road then flipped it over.

Here is my "for sale" thread, can be seen on the SEC and NAC classifieds as well.

"This was my beloved MJ that I did a resto mod on back in July. My son put it on its lid in the snow storm yesterday.

There is not a straight panel left with the exception of the tailgate. Some of the interior is still useful but muddy. It has the upgraded brake system and coolant system, new fuel pump and injectors and I just tuned it up last week with ACCEL cap/rotor and NGK plugs. It has the r134 AC out of a 96 XJ in it including the compressor, bracket and all components

I need to see if it will start. The tires are new(31x10.5 Firestone Destination AT's on Crager Soft 8's) the drivers side front will need the bead reset but looks fine. The rear bumper is a brand new FEY and has a slight bend on the pass side that can easily be fixed and re-used. There are a bunch of new parts on this Jeep that could help you with a resto, unfortunately the body is shot.

It has RE SuperFlex arms and trac bar, OME MD springs on the front, Hell Creek AAL's on the back. The rear axle is a Chryco 8.25 27 spline that could be converted to a 29 spline easily.

$1000 and you come and get it! I want it out of my sight, it just depresses me.

Before;
1313970986.jpg

After;
0220120743.jpg

Some pics as it sits now;

0220121652.jpg

0220121653.jpg

0220121654.jpg

0220121658.jpg

0220121659.jpg

0220121700.jpg

0220121700a.jpg

The tool box and stereo are already sold, everything else goes as one unit, no part outs!

Please e-mail me with any questions as I do not frequent this site daily

[email protected] Put "Comanche" in the subject line

Thanks!"

RIP :(

you probably know this already but pull the plugs and crank the oil out of the cylinders, then top the oil off before you try and fire it up. make sure you tell your boy to turn the damn thing off next time he's upside down :gee:

RIP :(

you probably know this already but pull the plugs and crank the oil out of the cylinders, then top the oil off before you try and fire it up. make sure you tell your boy to turn the damn thing off next time he's upside down :gee:

Plan on it

I wish I had 1000 bucks laying around...

and a time machine.

It would make a nice truggy! Lots of new parts in/on the engine, tranny shifts good, t-case is solid.

Think about it, I would consider taking something off to reduce the price like the tires/wheels or the front lift that I could use on another XJ.

Let me know

bummer man, i was watching the mess on the news over there from all the way out here in CA. glad he's ok.
motor's probably fine, he'd have to run it for a real long time before it did any real damage. and rev the piss out of it. pretty sure the fuel pickup in the tank being basically at the top when upside down would make it run out of obtainable fuel before it damaged anything.

Thanks everyone. Yes it only ran for what he thinks was 1-3 minutes while he was unconscious in the creek. I'm sure the engine is fine and it was a strong runner to begin with, much stronger than my 90 that is bored/decked/milled and only has 20k on it

Its a sad thing to see it tore up but he is okay and life goes on!

Sad to see such a nice MJ destroyed, but the outcome could have been so much worse. Glad your son us okay. Vehicles can be replaced, people can't.

Question for the MJ guys who can do body work;

If I buy a donor that has straight panels, how hard would it be to fix this Jeep?. Some of the dents are reparable but the top and the bed corners would need replacing.

I'm not a body/fender guy so I would have to pay someone to do the work. How much would it cost and is it worth it?

The question you ask can only be easily answered with another question. How attached are you to the mj? Anything can be fixed with enough time and money it's all a matter of how willing you are to do it. The hardest part of fixing it is going to be removing and replacing the roof and rear cab section. Dents can be easily pulled with a variety of tools and then a small amount of bondo for final filling. As for price not many body shops would be willing to undertake replacing the top as of the difficulty and time it would require them to take. Unless you're really attached to that specific truck I think you would be better to get another mj and transfer everything to it. Then you could sell off what you wanted to recoup the cost some. There's plenty of mj addicts that would buy a lot of the little parts or even the bare chassis for dirt cheap.

Ya know, I've been thinking about wether or not it'd be possible to fix the truck because each time I was about to bring it up I decided you'd be better off starting with something a bit straighter. I'd Keep the truck and find another donor and start swaping. You'd only be out the time, labor, paint and the cost of the new truck. This thing was insured wasn't it?

Ya know, I've been thinking about wether or not it'd be possible to fix the truck because each time I was about to bring it up I decided you'd be better off starting with something a bit straighter. I'd Keep the truck and find another donor and start swaping. You'd only be out the time, labor, paint and the cost of the new truck. This thing was insured wasn't it?

^ this.... find a good body and piece it back together again, at least thats what i would do

I only had liability, my son pays for his own insurance and that was all he could afford after the last XJ was totaled in May 11

^ this.... find a good body and piece it back together again, at least thats what i would do

I've thought about that but this one has none of the usual rust that you see in MJ's. The frame is still straight. I'm sure it will run just fine.

It needs a new cab top, all of the pillars are still straight. Then it will need the top rear corners of the bed then just some B&F work. Both bumpers are still good, the fender flares are still good. The interior is muddy but can be cleaned and is still good.

I have a local guy coming over next weekend to give me an estimate. He is one of the best in Roanoke and works out of his home garage. It takes him a long time to do the work but the end result is perfection. He has already said over the phone via pics that it would be an easy fix with a donor truck.

My son heads into the Navy in Sept so this would give him something to spend his money on while he is in.

Hmmm, you make a good point. If the pillars are still straight then I'd certainly be worth the effort. The roof shouldn't be hard to graft on. (For someone that knows what the heck they're doing.)

Looking at the pic from your sale ad it looks like the drivers a pillar is fine but the passenger side looks like its been tweaked unless the door was slightly open in the pic. Both b pillars look fine so it would likely need the roof and possibly both a pillars replaced. Every other dent I see could easily be pulled out including the ones on the bed corners. One suggestion if you do get it repaired ( which I would do given the obvious sentamental attachment) I would highly recommend getting a roll cage installed so god forbid it happens again it won't be as bad body damage.

Back