• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Final Straw on Climate Change Lies???

Zoologists approximate that only 20% of all living animals have, to date, been accounted for and studied. Further, paleontologists reckon that of all species ever to exist, less than 1% are known to us.

• Today heard on the radio that humanoid remains discovered in what is now Siberia has DNA that indiactes a different species than either Cro-magnum or Neanderthal. The remains are dated to 35-50K years ago.

• Jeff, is that 20% of all that ever existed? or 20% of what is currently alive today?

• Problem with the climate change that is occurring now is the possibility that the change is happening faster than humans could adapt to the new conditions. We could go the way of the Dodo.

I'd be willing to bet a large majority of the undiscovered species are those found deep in the ocean and deep within rainforests.

• Today heard on the radio that humanoid remains discovered in what is now Siberia has DNA that indiactes a different species than either Cro-magnum or Neanderthal. The remains are dated to 35-50K years ago.
  • Jeff, is that 20% of all that ever existed? or 20% of what is currently alive today?
20% of all living
  • Problem with the climate change that is occurring now is the possibility that the change is happening faster than humans could adapt to the new conditions. We could go the way of the Dodo.
Sorry, you lost me at Dodo.......... http://www.flixster.com/movie/ice-age-videos/the-last-melon-10883356

:D

Mythbusted-There have been spikes historically, but unless we see a dramatic increase in volcanic activity (let's hope not), people create more pollution.

That's good news. Maybe. I'll feel more comfortable when the ice returns to 1960's levels of mass. Later in the article it does mention the health of the Arctic is also determined by how thick the ice is.

Gotta love the caption under the photo...cold weather Blamed for returning Arctic Ice. Do newspapers hire Proof Readers anymore?

Well, since this thread is still going, here it is again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtrT5oG_IVc

Not to speak ill of the dead...but...GeorgeCarlin? He's an expert? That's your source?
Listening to George Carlin is as bad as the left having Jeanie Garafolo (however you spell her name) speak about political issues. Both have the same credibility. ZERO! They are ENTERTAINERS not experts!

Not to speak ill of the dead...but...GeorgeCarlin? He's an expert? That's your source?
Listening to George Carlin is as bad as the left having Jeanie Garafolo (however you spell her name) speak about political issues. Both have the same credibility. ZERO! They are ENTERTAINERS not experts!

George Carlin was only trying to help put things back into perspective and perhaps get people to lighten up a bit, in an entertaining manner.

As far as his "credibility" was concerned, you'd be hard-pressed to find much if anything wrong with any of the material he used in that bit.

Last edited:
George Carlin was only trying to help put things back into perspective and perhaps get people to lighten up a bit, in an entertaining manner.

As far as his "credibility" was concerned, you'd be hard-pressed to find much if anything wrong with any of the material he used in that bit.

OK. I may not have communicated my point well enough.

In my observation...conservatives who want to pick apart global climate change, point to Hollywood types, the Alec Baldwins, Susan Sarandons, Matt Damons and say ...what do they know... they are actors. Yet when they find an entertainer they bring it up as a valid point.

Was your point to lighten up? or was the point to show how global climate change is bunk? The problem with one dimensional media, I can't tell.

Read my sig. :thumbup:

Common sense goes a long way....the facts are in plain sight....people just chose to ignore them...

....and the vast majority are on the "OMG!!! Climate change!!!" side of the coin...

George Carlin was overflowing with common sense....

Was your point to lighten up? or was the point to show how global climate change is bunk? The problem with one dimensional media, I can't tell.

Read my sig. :thumbup:

" We got to stop, he-ey, what's that sou-ound, everybody look what's goin 'rou-ound..."

For what it's worth (a-hem), I ain't buyin' in to the man's CAP & TAX scam, brother... peace.

I don't buy DC's solutions either, but global climate change is occurring. Don't know the cause, but it is occurring.

yes, we've been over this, of course it's occurring, it has since the planet was created, we aren't the cause of it.

I want to kill this thread with fire.

400sw409957.gif

Back