• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thank you Vetrans!

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Just wanted to thank the Vets past and present that we have here! :clap: :patriot: :us: :wantyou:

We appreciate your sacrifices! Good luck and Godspeed!

Thanks to all those who have served, and still serve, to protect the freeedom that many take for granted. Let us all never forget,

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!!

Bless you all,
Dennis

A plea to all of us ... those who've served and those who haven't. Take a bit of time today and remember that at this moment American military people are serving us world wide. In danger or not, it doesn't matter, they are all there to help keep us safe. Whether you agree with our current deployments or not, please remember them... write a letter, say a prayer, phone a relative. We should all know how important it is to our military folks that we show them that we care that they are risking all for their country.

As a vetran myself I would like to thank all those here and abroad for the great job that they're doing. I put in my time and can truely attest to the hardships that the young men and women of our armed forces are going through.
We may not always understand the cause but the fact is that we signed up to fight for the freedoms that we have in our country. I have numerous friends that are leaving soon to help out.
God Bless them and all of the other troops out there.

Joe

Indeed. I try to always keep those that have served, currently serve, and those that will serve in my thoughts.

Glenn
Served with:
614th Maint Co
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
6/502d, 101st
287th MP Company

I'm one of the few oddballs in my family that didn't serve in the armed forces, my younger brother was on John C. Stennis CVN74 out of Coronado, Brother in-law was an MP stationed at Ft. McClellan, Al., and in Germany for 12 years, uncles served through out WWII, Korean, Vietnam, and my oldest cousing was an aviator that flew during the extraction of Noriega in Panama. My hats off to all of them, and the rest that served this country, and put their lives at risk for the safety and freedom for all of us!

Scott Suyeto

Thank you just breaks the surface for the gratitude we all to veterans.

Thank you Granddad, Grandpa, Dad, Brother, Sgt Edgar, and everyone else out there. There are lots of us following in your legacy, that only you maid possible.

Fergie :us:

I always make it a point to thank those who are and who have served this country. So to everyone who knows folks who served, or are serving, take time to thank them today!

Thanks be to all who have/are serving.

Best Regards
Chewy

Phil Weeks said:
To everyone who served, and those who still do, I thank you all.:us::patriot:

Thank You All !!

Just to echo the above sentements..... Thanks to all past, present & future Vets., it's truly appreciated.
Thanks Dad ! (miss ya)
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Thanks to those who have served and are serving. This is the greatest country because of you.

PLEASE !!!!

Don't forget the POW/MIA's that did not make it home. They have given the ultimate sacrifice and we owe it to them to remember them on this day also.

I thank all Vets for their commitment.

I challenge all Vets to make sure that our youth and the rest of the nation does not forget our soliders and those that have already served and the ones that have not come home.

I had the honor to address 7th and 8th grade class at St Norberts private school in my area Yesterday for their Veterans day celebration. As a Viet Nam Veteran I felt a great honor.
When I held up the POW/MIA flag and asked how many knew what the flag stood for, I was very surprised to learn that only 2 kids out of approximatley 50 knew what it was. This is why it is so important to teach them on days like this.

Veterans day and Memorial day are not just for us Veterans to take it easy. It is the best time for us to bring awareness to the rest of the nation, Young and new citizens, those that have not learned what sacrifices our soliders are and have given in the past and present.

So the challenge is that next year when Memorial day comes and Veterans day comes, we veterans make sure that we make a difference just like we tried to do before when serving and particiapate in some type of education activity to bring awareness to what it is like to be a vet and get them to bring awareness to the POW/MIA's of all wars.

Again thanks. I am proud to be a veteran of this great nation.

Mil (GRNT)Thornton
101st Airborne
1/327 infantry
RVN 1970-71

Re: PLEASE !!!!

Worth quoting your entire post GRNT. :)
The POW's and MIA service members are always in my thoughts. I have the TV going in the background when I work, but my ears always perk up when I hear about them. Just last week, more remains were sent to Hawaii for ID. We will never recover all of our troops, but is good to see the efforts continue.
Glenn

GRNT said:
Don't forget the POW/MIA's that did not make it home. They have given the ultimate sacrifice and we owe it to them to remember them on this day also.

I thank all Vets for their commitment.

I challenge all Vets to make sure that our youth and the rest of the nation does not forget our soliders and those that have already served and the ones that have not come home.

I had the honor to address 7th and 8th grade class at St Norberts private school in my area Yesterday for their Veterans day celebration. As a Viet Nam Veteran I felt a great honor.
When I held up the POW/MIA flag and asked how many knew what the flag stood for, I was very surprised to learn that only 2 kids out of approximatley 50 knew what it was. This is why it is so important to teach them on days like this.

Veterans day and Memorial day are not just for us Veterans to take it easy. It is the best time for us to bring awareness to the rest of the nation, Young and new citizens, those that have not learned what sacrifices our soliders are and have given in the past and present.

So the challenge is that next year when Memorial day comes and Veterans day comes, we veterans make sure that we make a difference just like we tried to do before when serving and particiapate in some type of education activity to bring awareness to what it is like to be a vet and get them to bring awareness to the POW/MIA's of all wars.

Again thanks. I am proud to be a veteran of this great nation.

Mil (GRNT)Thornton
101st Airborne
1/327 infantry
RVN 1970-71

If the rest of the country cared half as much as you guys....wow....

The thanks goes to you who support us day in and out despite who is in office, or what the economy looks like.

I am a firm believer in the fact that if the lawmakers and politicians had their sons and daughters serving, we wouldn't deploy half as much.

Please say a prayer for our sons, and daughters that are serving, and for the children that will never see their mommies or daddies again.

John

May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!

Thanks to the soldiers, families of soldiers, friends of soldiers, and to all Americans who support the soldiers. Always support the soldiers. When your local Gaurds or Reserves come home there is usually a parade/party/cerimony, go meet them, try to shake the hand of the one's who dont have anyone to meet them. It means alot. Thanks.

Travis
1 cav
11 ACR
19D

Heh, was just thinking, as I drove past the checkpoint, that Vet's are about the only people who don't get the day off. Thanks to those who served before me, and will continue the tradition.

Jon Reese
US Inf 1984-88 (Ft Lewis/Mainz, West Germany) 11-H
REMF 88-91
Didn't learn his lesson, DA/DoD 2000-
Golly, 19 years and a wakeup, and I can re-tire.

Dugway Proving Grounds, Utah

Spent Sunday afternoon w/ my father (WWII & Korea) at the veterans day parade. I can firmly grasp the change in the military and the generations. He survived a torpedoing in the Gulf of Alaska, was on the Damage Control team that saved the destroyer from going to the bottom and has all of seven medals or ribbons, all campaign and victory medals, no personal awards. Does he care, no he was just doing his job and was happy to get home.

My service has been relatively safe compared to those that went to WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Grenada and the Gulf Wars, yet the CG has been very generous about filling my chest with colored cloth.

Yep, even though I'm considered a vet and eligble for VFW....(1 year in ROK).... Thanks goes out to you vets from a REMF.

Mil,
The Coast Guard's only Vietnam War MIA came home last month and is now resting on CG Hill in Arlington. They all need to be accounted for.

semper,
Tom

Back