• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Synthetic Winch Lines

No matter what your preferance you always need to make sure the cable/line is rated for a lot more than your winch (at least double but I'd say 4x) and you need to regularly inspect it for damage.

Indeed, all this talk about the winch lines reminded me that I hadn't re-spooled mine since doing all that winching of the group up Eagle Rock a couple months back........ so it got unspooled and re-wound this afternoon. Hooked it to the truck and winched the XJ with the e-brake set about 60% so that it'd wind tight. :thumbup:

Indeed, all this talk about the winch lines reminded me that I hadn't re-spooled mine since doing all that winching of the group up Eagle Rock a couple months back........ so it got unspooled and re-wound this afternoon. Hooked it to the truck and winched the XJ with the e-brake set about 60% so that it'd wind tight. :thumbup:

Thats what went bad with my current winch line. Who knew you have to re-spool it after every use? I figure, synthetic line is lighter and probably easier to fit in the winch itself.

Back