• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE problem

ferret063

NAXJA Forum User
Well I installed my SYE last night. But when I finished neither one of the output shafts would spin and I can't get it to switch from 4LO to Neutral or anything. I'm assuming I'm gonna have to crack it back open, but do ya'll know of anything specific I should look for? By the way its a 231 and I used an AA kit.

Thanks in advance
Adam

I had a similar problem with my kit from JB Conversions. On the new tail cone at about the 8 o' clock position IIRC, there is a recess where the shifter fork rod slides into. The casting was a little off on mine and didnt have enough clearance and jammed the rod in place. I just took my Dremel and took a little material off the inside so the rod could slide freely into the tail cone. Hope thats all it is for you. easy fix! I hope you understand what Im talking about lol

I had a similar problem with my kit from JB Conversions. On the new tail cone at about the 8 o' clock position IIRC, there is a recess where the shifter fork rod slides into. The casting was a little off on mine and didnt have enough clearance and jammed the rod in place. I just took my Dremel and took a little material off the inside so the rod could slide freely into the tail cone. Hope thats all it is for you. easy fix! I hope you understand what Im talking about lol

different manufacturer but same issue, except mine got stuck in 4HI on my first jeep. thats exactly how we fixed the issue as well.

Back