• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suggestions for new radiator (upgrade?)

2001XJ any updates on how that Genesis is doing? I'll be needing a replacement soon as well.

Genesis rad is doing great consistently running around *200 when it was normal for me to run around 210. Happy with it overall and for the price.

silla.gif

Silla Radiator - ALL Aluminum
1991-2001 Jeep Cherokee

SILLA OE REPLACEMENT RADIATOR, ALL ALUMINUM -- Engineered and manufactured under the highest quality standards; Effectively boosts engine functions; Distinguished for outstanding, reliable and efficient performance; With Silla's limited lifetime warranty.
Fits: All Transmission.
Material: All Aluminum

Availability: In StockLive Help

FITS (Engine/Chassis)
SKU
PRICE
QTY
1991-2001 Jeep Cherokee SILLA2335AA$162.00

1999: Sport; 6Cyl 4.0L;

1999: Limited; 6Cyl 4.0L;

1999: SE; 6Cyl 4.0L;

1999: Classic; 6Cyl 4.0L;

http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?N=1557+10854+4294965186+9235
THATS what ya want!!!!

I need a new rad for my other XJ now too.. I want a modine copper all metal rad. Anyone know where to get one for cheapest online ? Thanks

as far as the genesis auto all aluminum... its cheap and indeed all aluminum, thats about it..

after ordering it for a friend, i read many reports on here about getting damaged radiators from them... my friend got his, and all was well...

couple weeks later we're talking, and he admits his filler neck threads were slightly bent on delivery.... he kept it and ran it, but others have had to send em back....

typical chinese junk.... but what can you do...

Sure there are better Aluminum Rads like Be Cool. I have had mine in for some time now and I am happy with it and would recommend it as a cheap yet decent quality product that performs very well for the price.

Just an FYI, I picked up one of the Genesis all aluminum rads and it IS NOT drop in. Not really any show stoppers, but it's not a drop in. I had to drill holes along the top rad support because none of the studs on the top of the rad lined up. They were all off by 1/2 at least. Also, they were not long enough so I had to get extension nuts (#10-32) to fasten the top. No leaks and seems to keep the XJ at least 10 deg cooler than before, but my former rad had 170k+ on it so it better keep it cooler!

What year did your rad go into? I put one in my 2001 and it was drop in with no snags at all. Mine is running 10* cooler as well.

silla.gif

Silla Radiator - ALL Aluminum
1991-2001 Jeep Cherokee

SILLA OE REPLACEMENT RADIATOR, ALL ALUMINUM -- Engineered and manufactured under the highest quality standards; Effectively boosts engine functions; Distinguished for outstanding, reliable and efficient performance; With Silla's limited lifetime warranty.
Fits: All Transmission.
Material: All Aluminum

Availability: In StockLive Help

FITS (Engine/Chassis)
SKU
PRICE
QTY
1991-2001 Jeep Cherokee SILLA2335AA$162.00

1999: Sport; 6Cyl 4.0L;

1999: Limited; 6Cyl 4.0L;

1999: SE; 6Cyl 4.0L;

1999: Classic; 6Cyl 4.0L;

http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?N=1557+10854+4294965186+9235
THATS what ya want!!!!

Looks exactly like the Genesis one that was recommended earlier in this thred and is $20.00 cheaper with a lifetime warranty as well

I have a CSF... wouldn't suggest it.. mine was from Indonesia or Pakistan or some similar place... arrived some what damaged (drain petcock ares is dented in, but i don't use that any way, and filled neck was bent) and the packing sucks... it also doesn't cool any better than the stock one did.

copper/brass

Good thread. I've been trying to cool 700hp with a 91 4.0 stock replacement radiator. At least it has metal tanks. Had to solder up a dinged tube in it today and now the cooling system will actually hold pressure for the first time in quite a while so that might help. :)

From what I've seen in this thread the Genesis looks like it would be the best value but they're a bit chintzy. Then the Be Cools are what, $600?

I can't see paying 200 for a plastic tank, aluminum core model either. I just put one of those in my xj and it was about $100 from 1800radiator.

Crimped plastic (or whatever fancy schmancy polycarbonate etc) tanks suck. Yeah, they're used in 90 percent of modern cars. And they're all junk, ticking time bombs. I wouldn't put one in something I planned on running more than a couple years.

You are right. People who buy new cars only plan on running them for a couple of years. Then they trade them in on the next vehicle that's made even cheaper. Copper / brass would be stronger, but would not cool as well as aluminum. I didn't think anyone made copper / brass any more. The last one's I saw were out of South Africa for discontinued vehicles.

I run this unit with the 3 fan kit and am very happy with it so far. I previously ran a Genesis all aluminum one and although it cooled very well it was extremely cheap and it made me feel like I wouldn't trust it for a day of desert wheeling.

What kind of temps are you running with it? They currently list it for $275 w/ free shipping.. includes 3 fans and a fan controller. Seems like a good deal.

What year did your rad go into? I put one in my 2001 and it was drop in with no snags at all. Mine is running 10* cooler as well.

Mine is a 97.

Who knows why they didn't line up. No big deal though and it seems to run much better now at 10+ deg cooler.

We hit 88 degrees this weekend and I beat it hard on the expressway then idled it for about 10 minutes. The electric fan didn't even need to kick on!

What kind of temps are you running with it? They currently list it for $275 w/ free shipping.. includes 3 fans and a fan controller. Seems like a good deal.

you're right guy this seems like a sweet deal. I've been on go-jeeps site for hours and still can't quite figure out what the hell is going on with the fan replacements and radiator upgrade. This unit looks awesome, especially with three fans and gettin rid of the mechanical one. I must know how this performs and how the install was!!!!

FYI for those who are overheating and can't find out why.....just had my coolant tested for combustion gases....blew my head gasket between a cylinder and water jacket.

My temps are running quite cool unless I am driving slow uphill. I believe this is because my transmission is in need of a flush and filter change. I think the transmission is actually heating up my coolant through the cooler built into the radiator. I believe the $275 price is for just the radiator. I paid $440 for the whole setup. I would definitely do it again and I am totally satisfied with the radiator. I wish the fans moved a bit more air but I believe when I put in an aux trans cooler and take it out of the radiator cooler I will no longer have any high temps.

Back