• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sugarloaf (Big Bear) Cleanup August 28th

I'm out.

The MJ is engineless and I just realized that this is on Saturday.

Next time.

So who all's going, now? I'm planning on driving up from North San Diego county, probably driving Mike Finch's 2WD Tacoma & dragging the older (17yo--still not legal, guys!) daughter along since she thinks she wants to go. Wait til she finds out she has to get up at 5:30... =)

Stephan, presuming I go, I'll be the point of contact for the NAXJA volunteer sign-in list. Do you need any info other than name & hours worked?

Most of you going will probably recognize me. If not, I'll be the short, chunky, chesty blonde sporting a NAXJA T-shirt of some sort (at least for a while). Probably driving a grey primer Toyota Tacoma as there is no room left in my XJ to put any trash (or non-trash, for that matter).

Stephan, presuming I go, I'll be the point of contact for the NAXJA volunteer sign-in list. Do you need any info other than name & hours worked?

Most of you going will probably recognize me. If not, I'll be the short, chunky, chesty blonde sporting a NAXJA WET T-shirt of some sort (at least for a while). Probably driving a grey primer Toyota Tacoma as there is no room left in my XJ to put any trash (or non-trash, for that matter).

Fixed:cheers:

Gee, thanks, Scott! Of course, the NAXJA shirts I have are a thick enough material that it wouldn't matter too much... But sure, if it'll make folks come...er, show up... But it might just scare them off :eek:.

FYI folks, the correct spelling for the meeting place appears to be (Not Chitaqua)...

Chautauqua High School
525 Maple Lane
Sugarloaf, CA 92386

Hopefully my GPS will understand this.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions, and I'll do what I can to help!

six19 six54 nine758

Carol thanks for taking the lead on this. :clap:

The three things I need are name, round-trip travel time and hours worked.:paperwork

Got it.

Looks like I'll be wearing a grey NAXJA shirt...the one with the picture of an XJ on the back.

Do NOT try to PM or post anything up for me on NAXJA between now & then... I'll be at work 6-5 tomorrow (and it's been so busy I don't have time to spend on my beloved NAXJA :tears:). And I'm staying at a friend's place without any internet access Friday night, so I'll be offline from now til I get home from Big Bear late Saturday night.

Again, my number (call or text) is six19 six54 nine758.

See whoever can make it, up at Sugarloaf! I hope we have a good NAXJA turnout, to "represent"...

Carol

Has anyone heard anything about a fire up there? I don't know where it is, but I heard that a fire was started by the lightning last night. If all is well, I will be there with wife and kids. Don't know if it'll be XJ or minivan though.

As of yesterday:

There is a fire burning on Heartbreak Ridge (east of Big Bear). Limited
Fire Suppression resources are attempting to make access to this fire
at this time.
Sounds like it's still on. I'll be there.

Yes this event is still on.

Please wear a NAXJA t-shirt or Adopt A Trail shirt if you attend. There are other olunteers and other volunteer groups attending. We want to show the positive side of the OHV community.

Once again thanks to those who can make it tomorrow.

Ted, Carol and Alden (I'm assuming it was Alden) thanks foe stepping up and representing NAXJA and more importantly puttin a positive face to the OHV community. Here is a letter from Danny Bogner, the guy that got the ball rolling for this clean-up. He is a local resident to Sugarloaf, and OHV Volunteer.

I just have a few words (yea sure Bogner a few words) well more than that, whata HUGE success and the main word is WOW you guys and gals worked your back sides off today to put into words of Sarah " you came up to give the forest some lovin" and that's just what it was . It's just like God meant it to be SPOTLESS and trash free !!!!!!

There were 140 people on the sign up sheet and I would guess that another 30 to 40 didin't get on the list, another WOW. You guys and gals loaded 5- 55 yard roll off dumpsters, and a HUGE thanks to Big Bear Disposal for their donated trucks front end loader and time, and also to Snow Summit or Big Bear Mountain Resorts for providing a HUGE front end loader and also Bill Burke lead electrician at Snow Summit, for leading the car removal crew, 6 YES 6 cars and 2 boats. I was wishing I was a part of that crew as I think they might have had the most fun dragging the cars around like toys.We had several other groups today, but I don't have that list, and also quite a few Sugarloaf Locals. I know I'm missing somebody and for that I apologize. Stay Gorin for your hard work doing the paper chase with the SBNFA

I can't list all of the people that helped out as I don't have the sign in sheet, but Adopt-A-Trail showed what they are made of today , good job guys and gals, ...

The story behind Joe "The Jaws Oliver" is he was amazing with his Bobcat with a set of jaws on it, picking a 20 foot fiberglass boat apart to get it into the dumpster, loading a car on my flat bed trailer by the tooth, fun to watch.

BOTTOM LINE is THANK every one of you for a job WELL DONE, I not only thank you ,but I would imagine that if the forest could talk it would thank you also. It was my pleasure to be able to work with such a fine group of volunteers.

Thanks again SO MUCH for your help,
Sincerly, and I mean that
Danny Bogner
Big Bear ( actually Sugarloaf)
So Cal Broncos

We didn't even make it onto the sign-in list, but yeah, Ted, and Alden & I represented =). And I knew we'd filled at least 4 dumpsters, and witnessed one car & one boat removal, and the group with me hauled away what I think was a flattened mobile home or house trailer without axles... many pickup truck loads.

A huge thanks also to Mike Finch (Willy51 on here, and GreaseMonkey in many places) for loaning me his Toyota Tacoma so Alden & I could haul trash instead of loading it into someone else's truck.

The rest of you, well, you missed out. It was surprisingly fun (mostly because of that warm fuzzy "I'm doing the right thing" thing.

We didn't even make it onto the sign-in list, but yeah, Ted, and Alden & I represented =). And I knew we'd filled at least 4 dumpsters, and witnessed one car & one boat removal, and the group with me hauled away what I think was a flattened mobile home or house trailer without axles... many pickup truck loads.

A huge thanks also to Mike Finch (Willy51 on here, and GreaseMonkey in many places) for loaning me his Toyota Tacoma so Alden & I could haul trash instead of loading it into someone else's truck.

The rest of you, well, you missed out. It was surprisingly fun (mostly because of that warm fuzzy "I'm doing the right thing" thing.
The wife cancelled it on me at 10pm the night before. I was highly disappointed at not making it out there. :(

Back