• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SubThump 10" Box

I'll have to check the plate, but it's definitely an interior noise I'm hearing. Sounds like something above the passenger side rear door. I'm thinking it's where the plastic trim piece hits the metal. My plate is bolted down firmly using all 4 bolt holes, so hopefully it's OK. I'll still double check it though as nothing screams ghetto like a loose license plate vibrating itself to death everytime the bass hits.

That little box is slick :thumbup:

I've been waiting to build my own so I can get a little extra volume in the box and I will most likely be running a tang band shallow 10(http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-862) these little subs will surprise the hell out of you, search for tang band 6.5" woofers on you tube and watch some of the videos, its insane. I've got a jensen 5 channel amp thats running everything right now, I bought a 6.5 component set and 5.25 coaxial set by quantum audio for 90 bucks shipped and they blow me away, the bass response from the 6.5 mid bass drivers is quite extreme. And the crispness of the whole set up is pretty damn good for such a cheap price. I'm running a PowerBass Xtreme dual voice coil 1800 watt twelve in a JL power wedge box and its a little much for me ATM. I just like full spectrum, rounded out audio, not head rattling bass which is why I will be downgrading. But total cost involved on my set up including the head unit and wiring is around 355 bucks and I'm incredibly satisfied. Pics to follow soon.

Not to be an ass, but I'm pretty sure there's some other threads out there (or you could start your own) to document the install of your system which has nothing to do with the SubThump box, which this particular thread is about. I think there's even some threads about building your own sub box which I'm sure would benefit from your upcoming pics...

Hey, WTF! SubThump swiped my pictures from this thread to use on their website! I think they should donate an enclosure to NAXJA for the 2013 Giveaway XJ for my trouble...

I'm reviving an old thread here - but is anyone who has the subthump box still using it? If so, are you still happy with it? I'm thinking of getting the 10" version with a Pioneer 10TW1-4 sub.

I have the 8" version with a Polk MM single voice coil. I paired it with an alpine MRV-M500 amp. The size of the box works well with the sub and the amp matches the power requirements nicely.

When I was 16 I had 2 crappy 12"s in a crappy box. Then I built a box to the right dimensions and used one of the 12"s. Sold all of that, moved into an F-250 and had a single 10". Now I have a single 8".

It hits well and can keep up with double bass pedal rock and metal as well as hit the long loud lows of hip hop and dance type music.

For filling out your music I think this combo does a great job. You won't be able to blow out windows but it will put out enough to make you turn it down every once in a while.

My 8" is still rocking strong, even with my crappy little MTX amp. I did manage to crack my speaker grill sometime during the past year however. No regrets with this purchase.

I'm reviving an old thread here - but is anyone who has the subthump box still using it? If so, are you still happy with it? I'm thinking of getting the 10" version with a Pioneer 10TW1-4 sub.

Ask Mark, he bought mine. I loved it when I had my XJ, plenty of bass and zero loss of trunk space.

Thanks for the feedback. Lurch, Mark seems to really like it. What sub did you have in it? I'm thinking of paring mine with a JL 10TW1-4.

This one: Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10 paired with a 250 mono amp from RF as well.

I'd double check the mounting depth on the box before you get that sub, its fairly shallow, >4" if I remember.

I just got the box!

The speaker's "E" dimension is 4.36". I measured the box's mounting surface to the back of the box which comes out to 5.25" - so I'm good. This sub also doesn't have a voice coil vent out of the back of the magnet, so even if the tolerances were any closer I wouldn't have to worry about the voice coil overheating.

Did you dynomat that back quarter panel?

I Dynomatted mine. It was pretty tricky working inside the quarter panel, but I think it made a big difference. The only buzz I have from the sub is inside the trim piece running above the rear passenger side door. I think it's the SiriusXM antenna wire I ran through it though.

I Dynomatted mine. It was pretty tricky working inside the quarter panel, but I think it made a big difference. The only buzz I have from the sub is inside the trim piece running above the rear passenger side door. I think it's the SiriusXM antenna wire I ran through it though.

Ok I'll do the same then. I don't want any sound-system related noises - my Jeep's already loud as hell inside!

What's the going price for one of these now?

The box and shipping was ~$130-140.

That's it! Holy. I thought it was 300+ for some reason

I may have misunderstood - The box + speaker + dynomat is coming in around $370. The box by its self is $115, but shipping brings it to the ~130-140 i mentioned earlier.

Speaking of which - the sub showed up today - so I put it in the box and fired it up in the jeep. I'm pretty happy with the sound.

This speaker sits really low in the box - which is great!:clap:

Thanks for the feedback. Lurch, Mark seems to really like it. What sub did you have in it? I'm thinking of paring mine with a JL 10TW1-4.

Thats what I ran in mine years ago.... and am thinking of doing again if I buy another one.

I got the dayton 10 and a soundstream 600w rms mono. Used tar tape instead of dynamat. Sounds great, but can't handle crazy lows like andre nickatina killa whale.

Back