• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SUBS!

Pick a channel on the rear RCA output and hook it up. you'll only have one side of bass, but it's better than nothing.

If I am installing only one sub I usually get a 2 channel amp and bridge it to run mono. Decks aren't designed to be bridged. So I think you may be SOL, next time pay closer attention to what you're buying.

thank you!

i dont care about having two channel bass. i will be putting together a costom system in the future and will definetaly get the 2 channel amp. but for now this is better than nothing. i have blown 3 rear speakers and decided that it was time to get a sub.

thankfull my $150 Alpine fronts have not blown.

the best part about the Alpines is that i only paid 47 bucks!! i guess it helps to have someone that works at Best buy.

Last Request: If you don't have an all in one system, where did you mount you amp? i was thinking about mounting it on the back of the enclosure. but i also was thinking about puting it on the side of the wheel well. what did you do?

Gnat5680 said:
Last Request: If you don't have an all in one system, where did you mount you amp? i was thinking about mounting it on the back of the enclosure. but i also was thinking about puting it on the side of the wheel well. what did you do?

You could mount it under the rear seat (if it will fit) and hook up a computer case fan to keep the air circulating around it. To power it, hook it up to the remote turn on lead (blue wire). It will get enough power to work and will come on and off with your deck.

I have mounted them on the back of the rear seat, and on the enclosure. The best way so far was on the enclosure, and wiring the power, ground, and on switch through a twist lock plug, this makes removal easy for when you need to load the back up with gear or luggage, or when you will be parking in questionable area.

Gnat, I might have misinterpreted your question about the combining of the two rca outputs on your stereo into a single rca input on your amp, but:

If you have one input on your amp, then its a mono amplifier (or single-channel amplifier) designed to supply a signal to a single output channel, for example, your single subwoofer.

If there are two rca outputs on the back of the stereo deck, then the deck is designed to be able to run either a stereo amplifier (ie two-channel amplifier) or two single-channel amplifiers. There is nothing wrong with bridging the two stereo RCA outputs together into a single rca cable to connect to your mono-channel amplifier. You can use a two-female to single-male adapter. This will not damage your stereo or your amplifier. RCA cables only carry a cold signal, there is no "heat" to the signal like there is in speaker wires. You can't bridge speaker wires together into a mono signal the same way.

Hopefully this makes sense...

Mounted my amps under the rear seat. Just have to make sure the amps you pick out are the correct dimentions.

I have a 4 channel Zapco and a mono Memphis Audio amp.

Jason

Beej said:
Gnat, I might have misinterpreted your question about the combining of the two rca outputs on your stereo into a single rca input on your amp, but:

If you have one input on your amp, then its a mono amplifier (or single-channel amplifier) designed to supply a signal to a single output channel, for example, your single subwoofer.

If there are two rca outputs on the back of the stereo deck, then the deck is designed to be able to run either a stereo amplifier (ie two-channel amplifier) or two single-channel amplifiers. There is nothing wrong with bridging the two stereo RCA outputs together into a single rca cable to connect to your mono-channel amplifier. You can use a two-female to single-male adapter. This will not damage your stereo or your amplifier. RCA cables only carry a cold signal, there is no "heat" to the signal like there is in speaker wires. You can't bridge speaker wires together into a mono signal the same way.

Hopefully this makes sense...

ok i was thinking it would not hurt it but was not sure. i was looking for a way to get rid of my 100's of adapters i have for audio equipment. i will hook those together later. i will be posting a write up for this in the near future. i got it all hooked up today and it works like a dream. i just have to go back behide the deck to hook up the i-pod cable that came disconnected.

Thank You Everybody!
i can't tell you how much you helped me!

here is mine

000_0189.jpg

Back