• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek, CO Trail Run - Sat. 9/18/05

eaglejeeper

NAXJA Member #1264
We have approx. 6 rigs on a trail run to Spring Creek off of I-70 in CO. If you are not familiar with the trail, a good link is http://traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=36. We will be meeting at the Starbucks in Downieville (Exit 234 off of I-70), as shown in the link, at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 18th. Fun will be had by all, and we hope to have a great turn out. Hope to see and meet you.

I'm goin' but it's "Sunday the 18th" not Saturday
rofl.gif

Re: Spring Creek, CO Trail Run - Sun. 9/18/05

I had it right in the body of the post. It is Sunday the 18th. It's been a long day.

You guys in the springs, can I follow you up? Never been to Downieville before.

Re: Spring Creek, CO Trail Run - Sun. 9/18/05

I can be at the Diamond Shamrock at North Academy and I-25 at 7:00 am. This should give us plenty of time to get to Downieville by 9:30. And remember the day is Sunday, not Saturday.

That sounds great. I will know today if it's a go for me or not. I've been wanting to run Spring Creek for a while, i've been told it's a fun trail.
I will let you know tonight.
Shawn

No one from Denver as far as I know. Meet us at 9:30 in Downieville if you can make the run with us. Have you been to Spring Creek before?

Yes, I have done Spring Creek before, been about 2 years though. I just moved back to CO recently and now own an XJ. Not quite sure if it is trail ready, but what the hell. I can always take the bypasses if need be.
Still not sure if I can make it yet. If I can, I will meet you guys in the morning.

TripleZero said:
Yes, I have done Spring Creek before, been about 2 years though. I just moved back to CO recently and now own an XJ. Not quite sure if it is trail ready, but what the hell. I can always take the bypasses if need be.
Still not sure if I can make it yet. If I can, I will meet you guys in the morning.

Hey Triple, My brother is eaglejeeper & he just called me to tell me his internet went down so I'll be the middle man between you & him. If you can go, we'll be meeting at the Starbucks between 9:00 & 9:30 tomorrow morning in Downieville exit 234 off of I70. There's supposed to be two guys from Denver meeting us there from ZR2.com & two guys from RMFTC.com. There's supposed to be 2 rigs from the Springs coming up with me & my brother so we should have a decent group.

Hope to see ya there.

Larry

TripleZero said:
I should see you guys in the morning barring and unforseen incidents.

Too bad we missed ya. It was a hoot. Nice trail. Me & my brother had no problems but the other vehicles (4 of them) had an issue or two (stucks) but nothing major. Here's a couple teaser pics from the rock garden.

sc10.jpg

sc3.jpg

Yeah, Sorry I didn't make it. Had some minor mechanical problems. Good thing I found this problem, it could have been disaster on the trail. My friend and I were looking at my jeep since I had just lifted it and noticed I had a leaf spring that was cracked on the drivers rear. Needless to say, it was a bit late to get a replacement and put in before the trail run. It was weird that I hadn't noticed it when I did the lift(no add-a-leafs ever again, hehe). It probably would not have been so bad if it were not the main leaf. Oh well, maybe I can catch up with you guys next run on whatever trail.

Laterz,

Mike

Whoa.........Sorry to hear that, but like you said, it's a good thing you caught it before the trail run. I'm sure we'll come up with another run soon enough & we'll let ya know.

Back