• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaker suggestions?

Johnny V said:
dothedew24_7,

Awesome custom console of yours at: http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/482928

So that's all fiberglass? How did the shape start out? Did you start with a stock piece and extend it?

Very cool and uses some some of the wasted space in front of the shift.

John V.
The console- only the part around the shifter is bondo/ bondo hair- actually I could make the remote holders halfway cheap, anybody want one? - the rest is just sanded, primered, sealed, painted- I still have somethings to do to that yet

for the kick panels-At first I had the q-forms made for the 97+ XJ's, used em for a while untill I wanted to upgrade my front speakers to the 'bahns that are currently in there. Due to the power I would be running to them (180W RMS per speaker) the q-forms just wouldnt stand a chance as they are made out of a plastic material. I made a mold of the q-forms and used that mold to lay fiberglass mat in along with a 3/4" mdf ring for the 5-1/4 speaker and built it up from there- tons of work but its very sturdy. They are also complety sealed and are bolted to the floor with plenty of D-mat xtreme to cushion them - if you think thats cool, just wait till I finish the back :D

Last edited:
Back