• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so ya i just joined a boxing/jujitsu/mma gym

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
so my dumb ass walks into this new gym acrossed from my house that i drive by everyday just to check it out and i get hit by the whole look at our deals that wont last thing and next thing ya know im signed up.

this isnt my 1st time in a martial arts gym, i trained at a muay thai place in san bernardino for a lil while before i joined the marines. this place was super cheap and they catered to us military folk real nice :D

so is anyone else in any sort of combat sports?

hell yea i train up in downtown LA off of the 10 at Chute Boxe but it is mostly no-gi jiu jitsu and mma classes

sweet. so kraker 5 years in jujitsu? damn man thats crazy. where do you train at?

I go to a gym now, but it's just to lift.

I did karate when I was younger, and I didn't have a gut. Hmm.

I want to get back into some sort of martial art, because it was fun, and it got me off my butt and got my heart rate up without a boring treadmil. But I don't really know where to go, and don't want to be with a bunch of kids. Where did you wind up @?

i trained on the streets and in the schools of gardena and harbor city for 19 years :D
i havent boxed anyone for almost 5 years tho... hey ben next time you come up we can go smack eachother around, that would be sweet :eeks1:

for me it was downtown san bernardino, 17th worst crime rating in the nation :D

we were punkass kids on skateboards and everyone was a target when they got in our way. alot of tweaker fights, dont fight tweaks the speed makes them feel nothing!

GrimmJeeper said:
i trained on the streets and in the schools of gardena and harbor city for 19 years :D
i havent boxed anyone for almost 5 years tho... hey ben next time you come up we can go smack eachother around, that would be sweet :eeks1:

Judo and Aikido. I'm thinking about Tai Chi Ch'uan to get my knees back in shape and trim the "spare tyre" a bit - I'd like to drop 15 pounds or so. 240-250# should be a comfortable weight for me - my old "fighting weight" of 275# would take too much work and effort to maintain anymore (I wouldn't get anything else done.)

http://www.hapdosool.com/aboutus.htm

I'm thinking of doing that. The only reason I haven't yet is that it is a lot of effort, and I'm not usually one that likes to be obligated to do stuff lol. In a word, I'm being `lazy`. But yea, 9th degree blackbelt oughtta be a decent teacher. Considering anyhow :). It's located off of Orange I think in Redlands. Or Eureka. One of those.

Back