• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So what are you fixing this weekend?

I will be putting my front skid on mounting my HI-Lift and getting my tie down ponits put back in. Also need to mount my hangers for the quick disco's. Then just wait for the tax $ to come so i can order my new tires so i will be ready for winterfest :)

This:

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

I installed a complete Accel tune-up kit on mine yesterday evening (plugs, wires, cap, and rotor). Believe it or not, all were original factory parts at 160,000 miles. The plugs had absolutely no visible electrode left, and according to my gapper, they were at .080"!

just installed the new :NAXJA: sticker on the jeep.

....oh and tow hooks

I guess the cross pin slipped out and got caught on the housing and snapped.

So the obvious solution would be to put a locker in there instead :D

I am planning on installing a PowerTrax No-Slip lunchbox locker in the rear

wow! I bet it runs much better!

I thought it was running fine before, but figured it was time to change them. I haven't had a chance to see how much of an improvement I've made, as I haven't really driven it yet. I did start it up yesterday and drove it to the road in front of our house. My wife and I were going to town in our F-150 4X4 to get something to eat when I decided to check the mailbox. When I went to pull back onto the road, the truck slid down into a ditch due to the snow and ice. It was completely perpendicular to the road, with just the back tires still on the pavement. It wouldn't budge, so I walked up the driveway and fetched the XJ from the garage.

It sounded good when I started it up. I hooked it up to the Ford and had my wife get in it while I manned the Ford. I instructed her to start gassing in reverse while I did the same in the Ford. The road was solid, shiny ice, so both did nothing but spin in place. I ended up paying $70 for a wrecker to winch it out in mere seconds. :mad:

just installed the new :NAXJA: sticker on the jeep.

....oh and tow hooks

Were you at the Bedford Wendy's around 12:15 PM today? I was in the McDonald's drive-thru and saw an XJ similar to yours drive past and park at Wendy's. It had a prerunner-style front bumper (large lean-forward hoop) on it, which yours didn't have when you talked to me last year at Wal-Mart.

So how did you sabotage that cross pin so that this "repair" would be required, lol :D

Well first I took it out and made some cuts into the notched area so it would fail "unexpectedly" on the roads. HAHA

But i wish i still had the jeep running at the moment, were supposed to get a decent amount of snow tomorrow.

finally got rid of the "Pro Street" look on the XJ and took one of the leafs out of the packs...dropped it down to sit level and flexes about 1000X better now. Maybe there was a reason that they were called heavy duty and set up for hauling extra heavy stuff......now to get the new shocks mounted up and it is good to go. I might even change the oil this year before Winterfest.

Swapped a new starter into the Jeep Friday at work. Probably should change the oil, haven't touched it since before WF09. Of course it probably doesn't have 1k miles on it since then. If I get time (and the motivation) I may throw a new set of spark plugs in it also.

The tow rig has an oil leak that I need to remedy before WF. That will get done sometime this week if we get a slow day.

spiders in the D30...

made a new tracbar and mounted it above the axle. been chasing some brake demons for a while and finally realized that one of the rear wheel cylinders was blown. this will be my last summer with drums. then just gotta pop the beads on all the tires and see why they are leaking and i'll be ready for WINTERFEST!!

Were you at the Bedford Wendy's around 12:15 PM today? I was in the McDonald's drive-thru and saw an XJ similar to yours drive past and park at Wendy's. It had a prerunner-style front bumper (large lean-forward hoop) on it, which yours didn't have when you talked to me last year at Wal-Mart.

yep. that was me. you didnt see me try to climb that snow back did you? lol.

made a new tracbar and mounted it above the axle. been chasing some brake demons for a while and finally realized that one of the rear wheel cylinders was blown. this will be my last summer with drums. then just gotta pop the beads on all the tires and see why they are leaking and i'll be ready for WINTERFEST!!

WHat we did for one of mine that lost a bunch of air is spray the bead really well with a pressure washer then used compressed air to blow the water out. worked just fine until i hit that Mercedes! :D

Back