• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Cal desert rats

Finally, alive and on the road. Looking good there Tone.

Shocks are too big, get some monroes or gabriels.
x2 about the lower bump pads? if you expect those bumps to strike the existing steal, your gonna have a lot of coil interfearance, ie, noises and clunks, and added wear on the bumps, especially the pads. Adding hockey pucks, or a steel plate and a slice of tubing made to look like a hockey puck will 'split the differance'

Im hopefully picking up the shocks that Joel from Bilstein custom made for jim for this XJ this weekend from another member here. I don't have a running car right now so I need to get this buttoned up ASAP. Bumming rides isn't working out for me and I need something to drive to work!

The Land Rover had a brake caliper go bad so im waiting on parts for that

New shocks are here for the front! Just gotta save up so I can get the rears, hoping to have them before TDS

...and yes these shocks are the ones that Jim originally had planned for the build and I couldn't be more happier to have them!

Mock up shots, I gotta do some massage work with a hammer where the 90* is and put strike pads and limit straps on then I can go ahead and call the front done.

That lower mount is extremely weak. I can take a picture of mike if u like
It's half on the shelf after only one day of Bluewater desert, the other half was still on axle when sold...

FYI here is what that mount (Looks identical other that my lower CA mount was 3/16 not stock like yours looks) looks like after I think 2 laps maybe 3 at Bluewater.

LCA bracket.jpg

58718524-15B1-4DF7-91F1-9E6D17F06FEB.jpg

That's how I setup my lower shock mounts, they are fully boxed and shouldn't come off of the axle any time soon.

Im sure it will happen but I'll just cross that bridge when I get there, im just happy to have it DDable

Back