• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

snow stuck

i was driving in the middle, but the snow drift pulled me over and off the road to the first pic.

i do have GPS, just not with me for some reason. this is also a road that i drive allot, shit happends.

GreenbeltXJ said:
i was driving in the middle, but the snow drift pulled me over and off the road to the first pic.

i do have GPS, just not with me for some reason. this is also a road that i drive allot, shit happends.

I hear ya...I was just curious how that whole fiasco started. Gotta love that...probably the one time you really need the GPS...it's not there. :banghead:

god damn! thats nuts good to see that you got it and no one screwed with your jeep!

that yj is pretty sick!

Sounds and looks like you had yourself a great time! What's a wheeling trip if you don't have any stories to tell about it later?

Mtb Jak said:
god damn! thats nuts good to see that you got it and no one screwed with your jeep!

that yj is pretty sick!

I don't think many could make it up there with that much snow

Nobody messed with it because nobody could get to it, or those that could were built, dedicated wheelers who knew better than to mess with someone else's rig. had it been stuck in less snow in a more accessible area, it's likely some punk kids or general pieces of feces would have stripped it down or pushed it down the mountain.

You got lucky on a couple of fronts: That you didn't go over the edge in the first place, and that you have good friends in capable rigs to help with the recovery. The most salient lesson here is one I've been an advocate of for years: Don't go wheeling alone. If you'd had a partner rig along, chances are you might not have gotten it so stuck in the first place. Of course, that would have required you or your buddy recognizing you were getting sucked over the edge and stopping short enough to be able to pull it back.

Anyways, glad you got it back okay. Definitely a stuck you'll never forget.:D

pretty shure i would have gotten just as stuck alone or not. the difference is that it would have been out sooner.

Glad everything came out alright.

The pic of your XJ as a big marshmellow is cool.

I sent Optima some pics and a pat on the back, i didn't think it would start up like it did. four days on its side covered in 30" of snow, i was impressed.

Back