• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkle be gone!

You crack me up! You probably have a stack of hoods that you can cut for practice, and paint satin black.

Instead, you cut the one that color matches for, "not my favorite."

The hood was already cut with LeBaron vents and its a little tweaked. And..... I have another perfect matching spare hood compliments of Cash For Clunkers.... :thumbup:

Look at that poor Jeep surrounded by GM products. No wonder it gets so bitchy with you.

Hood looks great!

Sooooo gonna backhand you in the peppers........ ..!..:D..!..

any updates on this thing or what?

Such as?

On the way home form the TFT event the gas gauge was freaking out then parked on empty sounding the low fuel chime and light.... With plenty of gas. Then the f-ing thing lit the CEL. Pulled over, found no issues. Got home and checked....no codes. :banghead:

It REALLY needs new wheels too..... These old Truggy Beadlocks are bent too bad for streets use. It was a white knuckle ride in C470....

Didn't know if it was still broken and throwing codes/running like crap.

those beadlocks are off the green jeep i thought? :dunno:
let me know if you get rid of em.

those beadlocks are off the green jeep i thought? :dunno:
let me know if you get rid of em.

These used to be from Truggy back when it was first built. They've been on several rigs since. Not sure which "green" jeep you're thinking of.....

Led put them on that dk blue/purple rig he built and traded to me to get the truggy back. I swapped them onto the BOR rig before trading it with that kid from Grand Junction for the 5.9 Grand.

These used to be from Truggy back when it was first built. They've been on several rigs since. Not sure which "green" jeep you're thinking of.....

Led put them on that dk blue/purple rig he built and traded to me to get the truggy back. I swapped them onto the BOR rig before trading it with that kid from Grand Junction for the 5.9 Grand.

Ash that's right.
ya i had em on my green jeep and he bought em back from me.

I think that I am now the owner of the snorkel that this thread was started about. Bought it about a year ago and never got around to installing it and not sure I ever will. Haha

Well......... she's gone.

Sold for $7K and by next week, she'll be on a transport to Florida where she'll get loaded in a container and shipped for a 45 day cruise to her new owner in North Africa.

Nope, I'm not kidding. North Africa.

The guy said he's been busy the past few weeks compiling other parts and lift kits to load into the XJ to send over to other guys with XJ's and Land Cruisers.

Her new owner is actually an XJ enthusiast over there. He sent a local friend over to check it out and it met his needs and expectations. He bought my rig to replace his worn out '89 Limited.

He enjoys bashing around the thousands of miles of sand dunes and hitting river trails to go camping and fishing out there. His Limited is a modest rig with a 2" lift on 31's...... his buddy showed me numerous photos of him digging the thing out of deep stucks in the dunes.

I've been promised photos when he gets around to using it and enjoying it.

I already miss it. :banghead:

Damn -- north africa... you sure it isn't going to be a tactical vehicle for al queda rebels in mali? :D

LOL..... no, I'm not "sure" of anything.

If they do hack the roof off it and mount up a .50 cal...... I hope it's '97-ness flares up in a big way....... :laugh:

I want pics of the .50 cal mounted on a turret...

Heh heh....... can you imagine how difficult it'd be for them to find a '97 transmission, TCU, sensors and what not out there????

:laugh: :shhh:

Are you sure the buyer isn't some King of somewhere and just needs you to cash a large check and send him some change?

Puhleese......... You think I'd take anything but honest American foldin' money????

I met the guy at the bank and witnessed the cash withdrawl.

But I tell ya...... at $7K, plus $500 transport and $1500 overseas shipping..... he's STILL getting a helluva good deal.

Now........ I gotta make some calls to the DMV and see about what's involved in taking Mexico outta some saweet little Metric Ton...... :D

Puhleese......... You think I'd take anything but honest American foldin' money????

I met the guy at the bank and witnessed the cash withdrawl.

But I tell ya...... at $7K, plus $500 transport and $1500 overseas shipping..... he's STILL getting a helluva good deal.

Now........ I gotta make some calls to the DMV and see about what's involved in taking Mexico outta some saweet little Metric Ton...... :D

You and that little mexican truck.

I really gotta ask (since I know many others a thinking it) why you have such a weird hard-on for that thing? :D

Is it because you like dually's too much? Just want something "different"?

Really though...what do you REALLY plan on towing with it?

We all know you couldn't/wouldn't want to tow anything more than any regular cherokee would...

Come on Troy...what gives :D

Eff off Justin.......... I don't gotta 'splain nuthin' to you.

:D

I dunno, I think that it's just the absurdity of it, the rarity of it........ It's just unique and it's an MJ. I'm smitten with these damn trucks now.

No, it would serve no other purpose than to cruise around in and haul the occasional pile of jeep parts.

But it appears this will never happen. The owner has dropped off the face of the earth and the ad has expired. Either the Cartel is using it to haul Kilo's around to the border tunnels..... or he found another buyer.

'S-all good. I didn't need it..... just wanted it. I'll find some other investment flipper or absurdity to tickle my fancy.

Currently looking at a barn find '66 Malibu one owner hard top........ and an '85 S-10 with a tunnel ram/dual quad V8. :looney:

Back