• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat belt buckle '92 cherokee

dutchjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All,

Sorry for the lame question, but I am looking for a replacement seatbelt buckle for my '92 jeep cherokee limited (driver side).

Anyone know where I could get one? Anyone parting one out maybe?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for locating that one for me Joshthib! Yes, you're right, it's a rip-off but I think I'll have to bite the bullet on this one. Not having the buckle is really annoying and tickets will probably run me more eventually. When I'm alone in the car I can use the passenger buckle, but that's not really a solution...

There's a bunch on Ebay right now for about $30 + / -

Aren't seatbelts covered by the manufacturer for the entire life of the vehicle? I had an '87 Lebaron a few years ago and I had the dealer replace the fronts as they were worn out. No charge.

Rumor is that some manufacturers do have lifetime warranty on seat belts--Honda is possibly one--but to my knowledge there is no federal or state laws to that effect.

Of course Ebay! Rarely use it but should have thought of that. Thanks! What seems to be on there right now is passenger side and a driver's side in tan/gold (my interior is dark grey). I'll keep an eye out though and otherwise I'll go tan/gold. I've also send some pm's in the for sale section on naxja. All in all, I'm glad there are options and I don't have to shell out $200 for a *&^ buckle :rof:.

There's a bunch on Ebay right now for about $30 + / -

On my '90, I replaced a failed seat belt buckle with one from a chevy pickup, from the rear seat on an extended cab model. The guy at the truck wreckers said it would fit, and it works perfectly. I don't have the wire for the idiot light function, but that just means the light won't come on for the drivers seat....no problem on a 1990.

Back